This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#42569 by hgWhiz
Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:52 am
Do you think its time more music started teaching instead of bragging and pimping.

#42585 by fisherman bob
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:54 pm
Teaching what?

#42587 by philbymon
Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:13 pm
I think perhaps he meant "musicians" instead of "music."

I am NOT a pimp. I am a whore or a slut, depending on the requirements of the situation.

#42721 by hgWhiz
Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 am
fisherman bob wrote:Teaching what?

Can you imagine learning your abc's with out singing the song.

#42732 by gbheil
Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:30 am
Oh I get it. Your talking about using music to teach memory subjects. Like school house rock.
I tried that knee bone connected to the chin bone thing when I took A&P for my nursing degree.
Didnt work out so well.
All our music is about teaching. But shhhh, dont tell them. Its a secret.
#42824 by Black57
Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:37 am
hgWhiz wrote:Do you think its time more music started teaching instead of bragging and pimping.

All music teaches. It is never realized, however, until you get to be in your ...oh...mid-forties or so.

#42930 by hgWhiz
Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 am
I remember the movie Demolition Man claimed that in the future, music is replaced by commercials. I used to think that there is no way that will happen, but I now beleive the transition has already begun to take place.

#42954 by ted_lord
Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 pm
yah like any song that mentions any sort of food product....bleh

#42979 by gbheil
Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm
Yea, why do they hink the have to dance and sing about tampons?

#42985 by Robin1
Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:42 am
Sans,

Are you raggin???

Second post where ya put in a comment re: Tampx or kotex or sumptin of that nature :oops: :P

#42991 by gbheil
Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 am
I grew up with three sisters.
I,ve been married >26 years.
Two of my four children are now grown women.
I was the only guy in this household for a long time.
I am an RN. I work with women and for women. More often than not I work on women.
Even my boss at the pawn shop where I work now is a woman.
If any man has a right to be on the rag.
It's me. :D
And I have hated those advertisements ever since I was a little boy.

#43143 by Black57
Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 am
sanshouheil wrote:I grew up with three sisters.
I,ve been married >26 years.
Two of my four children are now grown women.
I was the only guy in this household for a long time.
I am an RN. I work with women and for women. More often than not I work on women.
Even my boss at the pawn shop where I work now is a woman.
If any man has a right to be on the rag.
It's me. :D
And I have hated those advertisements ever since I was a little boy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious. Soon you will need hormone replacement therapy, then that will be a mess. I don't even know why they do commercials on feminine hygiene products at all. There is no such thing as a "happy period". We don't buy pads or tampons because of cute jingles. We have no friggin' choice. It would be nice to be able to say, Oh I don't think I will use those things at all any more. Believe me, at the age of blah,blah,blah, I am pretty much fed up with having to buy them.

Sanshouheil, I am glad to read that you are a nurse. Some of my favorite musician buddies are in the medical field. I was once a medical assistant and IV technician. I attended many jazz camps sponsored by an OB-GYN, a male who played piano.

#43239 by gbheil
Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 am
Thanks. Some days I am proud to be a nurse. Then there are those days when I have to go to work. :roll:
On those few occasions when someone listens and I am able to make their life better, or at least give them some understanding of their disease process. It is an awsome feeling. But damn, the older I get the more I hate listening to all the lies about the money end of the business.
All of the hospitals and other medical facilities I have worked for put their patients at risk for the sake of money. They are all under staffed.
I would like all the nurses in the USA to take the same month off all at once. Let those doctors and hospital administrators see if they can run it without us. Lying bastards.
:oops: Sorry, now I rant. :oops:

#43365 by Black57
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 am
sanshouheil wrote:Thanks. Some days I am proud to be a nurse. Then there are those days when I have to go to work. :roll:
On those few occasions when someone listens and I am able to make their life better, or at least give them some understanding of their disease process. It is an awsome feeling. But damn, the older I get the more I hate listening to all the lies about the money end of the business.
All of the hospitals and other medical facilities I have worked for put their patients at risk for the sake of money. They are all under staffed.
I would like all the nurses in the USA to take the same month off all at once. Let those doctors and hospital administrators see if they can run it without us. Lying bastards.

I am glad that you are ranting. The medical system is becoming so screwed up. No, the hospitals are ran by a a beaurocratic administration but it is the nurses that should be credited with keeping hospitals open and competitive. If all nurses across the country took the same month off, the results would be devestating. Everyone would be running around with their fingers up their butts. Then the powers that be would reassign job responsibilities. People in dietary would receive emergency credentials to give sub-Q and P.O meds. Housekeeping would have to become surgical assitants.This seems funny but it is most likely what would happen. It would be a disaster BUT, administration would conclude that the hospital functions fine without nurses so they should be able to get by with half the nurse force. So when that vacation month was over, half of the nurses would return discovering that his job has been terminated because a dietary aid can both feed, and medicate patients. :roll: What a huge savings that would be on the hospital. Poor patients.

#43366 by Black57
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:23 am
sanshouheil wrote:Thanks. Some days I am proud to be a nurse. Then there are those days when I have to go to work. :roll:

Hey ICU would be a cool name for a band IMHO.