This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#42497 by Odd Fact
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:10 pm
I am playing more five string lately so I have a four string fretless and possibly a SX BG-205 Fretless 3TS for trade. I am interested in 5 strings fretted or fretless.

Custom 4 string fretless
bass: 44" long
body: 19" x 12" x 1 3/4"
nice top figured top

neck: 34" scale
width at nut: 1 3/4"
width at body: 2 1/2"
depth: 1"
5 piece laminate through the body

2 Diesel soap bars
Bartolini NTMB preamp
Series/parallel/single coil switch for the bridge pickup
vol, bal, treble, mid, bass

This bass plays pretty well. You can get a range of tones out it from growl to woody. The neck is a little wide and big for me, more like a Precision. I traded for this bass last year. I just end up laying more five string these days.

#42498 by Odd Fact
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 pm

#42500 by Odd Fact
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:12 pm
SX BG-205 Fretless 3TS
neck: 34" scale
width at nut: 1 3/4"
width at body: 2 7/8"
string spacing 2 3/4"

2 passive single coil soapbars
vol, vol, tone

I just received this one recently. I am still thinking about this one. The string spacing works well for me. But the the body is pretty light. Lighter than my guitars and basses.

The headstock finish matches the body. There are some small chips around the neck pickup and some wear on back but very minimal. The bass was well taken care off. It has a fairly new set of Ken Smith round wound stings. It could use a setup but it still plays well now.

#42501 by Odd Fact
Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

#42620 by Odd Fact
Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:31 pm
The first owner built the bass with help from a luthier. The body was a blank he traded for. I am think this is one of the Ken Smith looking bodies that show up on eBay from Brazil.

The build quality if pretty good. There some rough spots in the finish. But the neck, joints, and seems are are tight and good. The neck is a little big like a precision.

I was hoping to find a trade for a five string. If not will sale. I had not though of a price. I traded a Washburn status bass for it. I am trying to get a decent five string although it does not have to be an expensive one.

I am going to try and get some audio clips up later.

#43133 by Odd Fact
Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:27 pm
Open to offers, trades, and sales now.

I am asking $125 for the SX 5 string fretless and $400 for the cusotm fretless plus shipping.

#43724 by Odd Fact
Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Replied to a few messages. Basses still available. I am open to offers and trades.

#45300 by Odd Fact
Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 am
The fours string has a new home. The five string SX fretless is still available.