This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4223 by Tommy Boy184
Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:00 am
I'm not sure how but I'm picking up, with regularity, a strong radio signal through my guitar amp. I tried turning the volume control on the guitar down, but nothing... The amp is a Fender acoustisonic and the guitar is a taylor 814ce. Any ideas?

#4231 by RhythmMan
Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:50 pm
You may be picking it up from the wiring in the walls.
Or it could be a cheap guitar cord in conjuction with the wall wiring, or your location in the room . . .
You can try moving it . . .
If you have a polarity switch - check it, & flip it if need be.
But, #1: I suggest you get a power strip with an AM/FM filter in it. Not just a surge protector, or a spike protector: a filter.
You should be plugged into a surge-protector, anyway - might as well use a good one which also has a noise filter.
They're only about $25 - $35.
Make sure the box it comes in makes referance to 'noise filtering.'
Next, go to a music store and buy a good-quality cord.
Good luck.

#5215 by Guitarzan6000
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 am
More than likely it's a cord not grounded properly....(BTW, I just invested big bucks in a "Monster Cable" and am VERY pleased, even that they are VERY expensive)(I had a gift certificate, thats why) Rock On!!!!

#5234 by RhythmMan
Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:43 pm
Yeah; last cord I bought, I asked the owner for the best cord in the store. No hum, no hiss, no noise . . .
I've never heard of anyone regretting buying a high-quality cord . . . probably solves 3/4 of most noise problems . . .