This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38686 by Billy G McCoy
Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:43 pm
Warning to all those players in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area....

There is an artist manager by the name of Lee Alford in the Dallas area that is a crook!

If he contacts you about playing for a local chick artist, don't accept the job unless you get your money up front.
He apparently is being sued by a couple of other pickers in the area regarding his business practices.

I will follow up with a summons of my own (with the help of the musicians union).

You have been warned!!!!

Billy

#38711 by fisherman bob
Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 am
There's no lower scum than somebody who doesn't pay when you've delivered your end of the deal. I've never had any trouble getting paid. It's too bad that every honest musician in your are doesn't know this dic*head's name and boycotts his lame ass. I hope you get your money. That idiot should thank his lucky stars that he didn't hire me. Later...

#38727 by Kramerguy
Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:36 pm
I'm curious, who's this chick singer and is she in on the scam? If she's not, is she aware that she's part of it anyways?

#38786 by gbheil
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:20 am
Boom Boom out go the lights!

#38889 by fisherman bob
Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 am
NOTHING pisses me off more than somebody screwing you on an agreement. We work our asses off in this business. You know how HARD it is to perform a four-set gig. All the rehearsals, loading heavy equipment, setting it up, playing and singing your butt off for three full hours, only to have some irrelevant moron not pay you? That sh*t taint happening, PERIOD. Later...

#41315 by Pinksuede
Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 pm
The "chick singer" was not involved and has discontinued her relationship with Lee Alford.

#41367 by Robin1
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:54 pm
I love your vocals! Not a country fan per se, but not afraid to complement you on your chops!

If you are the one that was associated with the above mentioned, congrats for severing ties with him.
:)

#41382 by Pinksuede
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 am
Hey Robin!

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, I was the one but it's all better now! I checked out your profile and found out that you do Black Horse in a Cherry Tree too, AWESOME!!!! Love the richness in your voice!!

Ashley