This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#39945 by hazes39
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:54 am
rub the ego stroke it gently.

#39947 by philbymon
Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 am
Producers can be nice to use when the band can't come to a consensus.

Personally, I want the right to produce my own material, just like Buddy Holly did.

When I write a song, I'm writing the production in my head at the same time. It's just the way I work. I realize it isn't that way for everyone, & I can make accomodations for their way of doing things. I expect the same from them, is all.

Now there was a time that someone else's interpretation was better than my own, in my opinion, & I went that way, of course. So I can say I'm open-minded about it to a point.

Heh heh...but all of the time, I expect the way that I think it sounds best to be the way to go with on anything I write. I'd do it for you. Would you do it for me, too?

#39954 by Hayden King
Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:58 am
Steve Myke wrote:You guys should roll up a fatty joint...and burn it down :D

That always help too!

#39983 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm
S.P., a while back you said,". . . It's about the music. Period. And who is the music for? You? . . . NO! It's for your audience!."
WTF!?
No fricking way, man!
My music is for ME.
I play for me, because I like it.
If I feel the need to do something for them, I can go wash their fricking cars - Screw that . . .
When I play in front of an audience, I choose songs that I want to play. And, yeah, I do meet them half-way - and I choose songs which they audience will also enjoy.
I play for me. . . and I share it with them.

#39989 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm
My buddy got picked up by some producer and was ready to lay down some music, when the guy decided to rearrange basically everything.

The next thing you know, he was down the road.

(Creativity is best understood by the one being creative, ie. f any producer that wants to change you)