This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38399 by Eye to the Sky
Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:51 pm
What is this song about ? I thought of time, before time,as if there is such a thing. Than wrote the lyric`s and thought death metal... It took 30 min with a old drum machine, $500 digital recorder,$15 mic and,my guitar. Thanks for responses. Peace.

#38419 by jimmydanger
Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:23 am
Time began with the Big Bang. No one knows what preceeded this event, if anything. It's possible that the beginning of our universe coincided with the death of a previous universe. Therefore there would have been time before time.

#38420 by Shredd6
Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 am
Awesome song man.. That ranks right up there with my favorite musician on this site..

You should totally collaborate with Julian. Together you guys would be epic!!

here's his link if you want to see about getting together on a tune man:

http://bandmix.com/julian-lead-vocalist/

Peace man.. Good job. Love the song.

#38421 by RyanStrain3032
Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 am
jimmydanger wrote:Time began with the Big Bang. No one knows what preceeded this event, if anything. It's possible that the beginning of our universe coincided with the death of a previous universe. Therefore there would have been time before time.

God created time. It's not that hard to understand.

#38423 by Kramerguy
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:09 am
RyanStrain3032 wrote:

And if he didn't, wouldn't he be just a little pissed at your presumptions?

Fact is that Jimmydanger's explanation is just as logical and factual as yours. Neither of you are absolutely right, nor absolutely wrong. Some day, thousands of years from now, assuming mankind survives it's self-destructive nature, we may know the answer. Until then, having a belief structure that causes you to denote other's as wrong, is just another shining example of that very self-destructive behavior I speak of.

And this is not meant to attack anyone, but to point out a 3rd point of view, one that does not assume anything unproven.

#38426 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 am
God created, yes, Man invented time. God is eternal and has no need of time as he is alpha and omega.
Science continues to facinate me as they struggle to explain or to understand what I take forgranted as interesting but irrelevent.

#38429 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 am
OOPs :oops: Sorry Ty.
I have no idea what the song is about.
I like the jam.
I dont care for nor understand the vox.
#38450 by Eye to the Sky
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 pm
boogie with stu wrote:What is this song about ? I thought of time, before time,as if there is such a thing. Than wrote the lyric`s and thought death metal... It took 30 min with a old drum machine, $500 digital recorder,$15 mic and,my guitar. Thanks for responses. Peace.
Thanks again, The nature of death metal is hard to understand,sort of like rap music can be. Any-way.the middle lyric`s are " A pillar of truth, broke free to be, He who lights to see, come on to me,and be free, as I am to you,you to me,be free! I`m free to be the dust,as you will see,I`m free....boil it down,the body..boil it down,the soul..boil it down,you`ll find.. the spirit of Rock and Roll. Peace!! PS.when I finish the folk version,I`ll post

#38468 by jimmydanger
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:03 pm
RyanStrain3032 wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Time began with the Big Bang. No one knows what preceeded this event, if anything. It's possible that the beginning of our universe coincided with the death of a previous universe. Therefore there would have been time before time.

Of course it's possible there is a supreme being (God) and that she created the universe, including time and space. It's also possible there is no such being and that the universe occurred on its own. It's quite likely we will never know for sure. However man most definitely did not create time; we merely invent ways to measure it.

#38487 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:55 pm
Wow, I thought thats what I said? :D

Looking foreward to that folk version. (hope it rocks)

#38856 by chaos theory
Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:13 pm
for life to exist on planet earth the so called big bang had to be right on if it had been less than a second off it would of collapsed onto itself and than there are hundreds of other things in our univers that have to be within 1% or less or life would not exist
i for one am looking forward to the intelligent design movie
expelled no intelligence allowed it will show how the evolutionist are supressing truth for example in tx they found a rock with a dinosaur and human foot print togethur they have taken over 800 x rays and proved it couldnt be carved and what do the atheist evolutionist do they cant disprove the rock so they try to discredit the man its sad its religion against religion thats it

http://www.myspace.com/chaoscom <<<< click here

#38858 by philbymon
Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 pm
I don't care about the ideas of time & creation & such, cuz I'm about as deep as your average puddle on a sidewalk.

The tune is a fun lil jam. I need understandable lyrics (if they are actual lyrics), myself. The guitar work is cool, the drum machine is monotonous, but that's usually what a drum machine is, when you're jamming over it. Needs bass, though. It could use a bridge or maybe a short lil fugue in the middle, to signify the beginning of time, perhaps? Then the return to the "eternal" as a jam at the outro. Fading in & out might work too, to symbolize that eternal before & after the creation of time, if that's your theme.

Just some random thoughts as I listen to it.

Sounds like you were having a heck of a good time, though.
#38861 by Michael Evans
Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 pm
Hey man...

checked out your tune.... its like a demonic techno thing. lol.. its neat cuz its different... it's not my preference per se.... but I appreciate stuff thats unique. Keep jammin bro. =o)

Peace.

#38875 by The Hunter
Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:11 am
Your vocals suck.
But I like the way you mixed this song.
I'd like to know how you did it.