This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38677 by Kramerguy
Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 pm
How can I possibly take you seriously when your profile says:

Now Seeking

Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - General, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Violin, Trumpet, Saxophone, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Harmonica, Flute, Other, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Vocalist - Alto, Trombone, Bagpipes, Steel guitar

are you an 18 piece band?!?

Some advice: take the time to properly edit your profile, then serious musicians might give you the time of day. All you are going to attract with poor profile editing is posers and junkies.

#38678 by BigOthaDrummer
Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 pm
I hear ya Kramerguy, Im a new guy here and I have seen what your talkin about. And along with that Ive notice that they will not put down their Influences. It would be nice to know what kind or style of music your 18 piece band wants to play.lol

#38680 by jw123
Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 pm
Come on Kramer you know you need a trombone.

#38687 by RhythmMan
Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:44 pm
I'm looking for someone to play the bass flute.

#38693 by philbymon
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 pm
They didn't fill out their profile. That's the BM default list used when ppl leave it blank.

So new folks - fill out your profile.

#38699 by Shapeshifter
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:06 am
Alan, was that a metaphor for something? :shock:

#38723 by neanderpaul
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:29 am
Perhaps it simply means they have an open mind. That's what it meas in my case. I'm ready to play/write/record with anybody if they are talented. No matter what instrument they play.

#38738 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm
Double dog doubt it...lol

#38749 by stillkicken
Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:00 pm
Hey neanderpaul, your song 'nothing but wrong' kicks ass. I cant even find anything wrong with it. I did see something wrong in your profile under influences, no ac/dc :evil:

#38782 by gbheil
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 am
If your still kinckin when you get back around to Neanderpauls site you should check out some of the other stuff he does.
Open minded or just versitile, that man just likes it.

#38789 by neanderpaul
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:28 am
stillkicken wrote:Hey neanderpaul, your song 'nothing but wrong' kicks ass. I cant even find anything wrong with it. I did see something wrong in your profile under influences, no ac/dc :evil:

well thanks!! :twisted: That was a collab with Jimmy danger straight from bandmix! all I did was write lyrics and sing it. Jimmy Started it and played the rhythm, lead, and bass. His buddy played the drums. Jimmy is frickin fierce!! :twisted: I got all fired up when I heard that track. here is the vid I made for the track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63Nc0c7CJA
and yeah, ac/dc rocks out!

#38792 by neanderpaul
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 am
Capt. Scott wrote:Double dog doubt it...lol

really? I've recorded kazoo solos, used a marshall micro amp with a headphone as a microphone as an instrument. The proximity of the "mic" to the speaker and the tone knob varied the pitch of the feedback. i recorded that as a 3 part harmony. it sounded like some sick dying cow organ. I've recorded with violin, trumpet, banjo, bass, guitar, drums, a capella, instrumental, spoken word comedy, I have a McCartney cover in the works where my bro-in-law plays the bagpipes.
Dude, really, I'm wide open.
sanshouheil wrote:If your still kinckin when you get back around to Neanderpauls site you should check out some of the other stuff he does.
Open minded or just versitile, that man just likes it.

thanks Sans!!!! :D

#38793 by gbheil
Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:39 am
Not me guys, I know exactly what I want my music to sound like.
I respect open genre' players or closed minded guys like myself IF they have the drive to get it done. Few genre' carry the power that I feel playing or listening to ROCK! It'snot so muchthat I dont appreciate other genre'. They just dont "move" me the same way.
And as SP states about not giving a rip about fitting. Well I only want to fit in what I want. Thats why I play the guitar in the first place, to express myself.

#38815 by stillkicken
Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm
neanderpaul
You are a genius, that youtube video is awesome, I'd say that song has legs.