This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38274 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 pm
Did he give a reason?

That really sucks bad, man, but if you ask around there's bound to be someone close to fill his sorry shoes, after all, you're getting quite the rep from what I've been reading!

#38276 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:12 pm
Can you get him to "fill in" until he's replaced, or did you burn that bridge already?

When I left every band but one, I offered to stay until I could be replaced. I think it's the decent thing to do, esp if you have gigs lined up. I've never left anyone hanging.

Good luck finding his replacement, FastFret. Try not to get too worked up over it.

Personal reasons are perfectly legit, too. Just don't leave ppl standing at the alter when it comes to anything you do.

#38277 by Kramerguy
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 pm
better known as "baby mama drama"...

Sucks dude.. especially losing a talent to a yoko. There is no worse of a death to a talented musician. I'd rather go out skynard style.

#38279 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:28 pm
See. that's one of the reasons I don't fly.

I'll most likely never get to California either, cuz I just know the moment my foot hits Ca soil, the whole frikken state will fall into the Pacific.

FastFret, do you have anyone in mind to do the singing? Can you or another band member do it? Damn! there's gotta be something you can do to keep on keepin' on.

#38296 by gbheil
Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:07 am
I wish you well, apparently he was not the "right" person to start with.
You will overcome. Just keep your cool and stratigize.

#38335 by Andragon
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:53 am
You never know why he's out. It could be really serious.. or he could be pretty lame. It happens.
As much as you were tight, I'm pretty sure you'll pull it off and get an even better singer/screamer.
If only I could scream, I'd fill in those coupla gigs.

#38349 by FastFret
Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:22 pm
Well, we had a rocking show with As Summer Dies last night.

We talked him into just taking a break. We have been at it pretty hard since March and he has some major family issues right now.

I guess were just going to kick back and write some new tunes for a bit until he can get things straightened out and go from there.

#38367 by Kramerguy
Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 pm
sorry if I jumped the gun on assuming his girl was a yoko - I seen it happen so many times, I just naturally assume 'personal problems' always equates to that.

Hope it all works out dude.

#38380 by philbymon
Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 pm
Good to see you could work things out with him

#38404 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:17 am
People? Go figure.