This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38231 by notdeadyet
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:12 pm
Hey, I just registered & found an ad for a keyboard player I want to contact but, for some reason, can't access the contact info. Instead, I get get directed to a sign up page for a more advanced membership with a fee. What am I doing wrong? Aren't the classifieds free on this site?

#38234 by gbheil
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm
A few freindly suggestions.
Post some music on your page, you will get more respect from those you contact.
Dont expect immediate results, a lot of the profiles seem to be posers.
No music and no response to inquier.
Welcome to bandmix.

#38238 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 pm
As a free member, you may respond to an internal email, but you cannot start one. You must pay the fee to do that.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Post some music so we can critique it & make you mad.

Seriously, it helps when you're trying to attract attention if the ppl looking can hear what you're capable of.

#38240 by gbheil
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:49 pm
Philby, not everyone who comes on is just here for us to worship, or to vent some pent up social frustrations.
Some of us appreciate your being forthright.

#38245 by Kramerguy
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:01 pm
my new slogan will be "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't want me to sick philby on you!"

#38248 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm
LMAO

Thanks guys...it means a lot.

#38256 by notdeadyet
Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:39 pm
Thanks for the responses. Actually, I am simply trying to contact a keyboard player who posted an ad here. When I click on the email icon no contact info appears but I'm redirected to another page that wants me to pay a fee. So then , I surmise that you can only get that info if you're paid member. Is that cotrrect?

#38257 by philbymon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:40 pm
Yes

#38259 by Andragon
Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:32 pm
If they have a contact number/address, it would be in the "About Me/Members/Influences.." section. Check those out. If it's not there, then you're better off upgrading.

#38305 by gbheil
Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 am
Dude, If you get a response from the first person you send a contact to.
It may be a world record, or a bonafide miricle!