This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#37699 by jazzmusicluvr
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:13 pm
David Sanborn is a great jazz saxophonist who makes some really chill, relaxing music and his new album Here and Gone comes out on August 12th. I've been hearing some of his new stuff through a friend at umgd recently and I like what I'm hearing!! He’s also going to be collaborating with Eric Clapton and Joss Stone on the new album, which will be interesting. If you're not familiar you can listen to his myspace page, let me know what you think.
http://www.myspace.com/davidsanbornband

Thanks
~*Leslie*~

#37700 by philbymon
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 pm
Don't even need to listen...& unfortunately right now I haven't the time, as I'm off to my weekly STICKMASTERS meeting, but I'll say this - if Sanborn's in on it, it hasta be great. He is one of those tasty masters at anything he plays.

Thanks for the link, Les. I look forward to hearing it.

I've heard him do some really awesome fast & busy stuff, too, so he ain't no lil chill guy like that dratted Kenny G.

I remember when he was on that late night Sunday show - DIBBITZ! I can't remember what it was called - but it was one of the best weekly musical shows I've ever seen...well...next to Lawrence Welk, maybe.

HAH!

I'll bbl to check it out & tnx again.