This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#37649 by Marc Z
Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:04 pm
Shouldn't there be one of these on here? Perhaps organized by State and City, maybe?

Love the site, for the most part.

Thx,
mz

#37651 by Kramerguy
Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:44 pm
that's a good idea. I hope it goes further than my last idea, which was wholly ignored by bmix.

time for my shamless plug for my idea again...

hey bandmix!!

PLEASE change the user profile to have a "primary instrument" (just ONE) and then "secondary instruments" (many) and alter the search tools to accommidate it. I'm SICK of trying to sort through people who play more than one, guessing which is their main. Most new users DONT know that and just list everything they do, and this site puts them in alphabetical order, so we have no way of knowing what instrument is their "main".. which... survey says:

makes the search tools almost useless.
:evil:

#37664 by philbymon
Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:28 pm
Eh...Crip's been using the USA forum for that very thing for months. I think it's cool that it's allowed & maybe even encouraged.

Don't see a particular need to do it, since it's being done anyway, & the way it is, Crip gets feedback & kudos from all of us here, too.

#37710 by gbheil
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 pm
If nothing else it allow those of us whom care about what our fellow BMers
are doing to know whats going on. Hell we might even show up and buy you a beer.