This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36359 by moretal
Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:22 am
Hey everybody. I'm looking for talented unknown/unsigned Singer-Songwriters and bands. I was wondering if you guys could help me by giving me some names of talented musicians you can't believe haven't made it yet (MySpace links, if possible), so I could listen to their music and address them. Many thanks. :)
Last edited by moretal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

#36361 by Franny
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:07 am
First of all, you're going to get lambasted by some members on here just for the sole fact you say you're a scout/agent etc. without posting a resume or proof that reads like a who's who of the music industry.
So be prepared for that (half the newcomers/musicians here lately have been getting a good beating also.
So don't let that get to you.
Go to the bandmix home page and keep refreshing it...it will change the featured artists, it's a quick way to surf basically (though only paying members are featured) http://bandmix.com/

Good Luck!!!

These guys here deserve a listen: http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=5933

#36362 by moretal
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:12 am
Hey Franny. Thanks. I'll do that. Have a great weekend.

#36383 by RhythmMan
Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:37 pm
moretal:
I see that you actually made no claims as to who you are.
Looking for good some different music? Here's some - each of the 6 songs is a dIfferent style of music:
my space dot com slash alanbradleygroup
Change the 'slash' to a /
and remove all the spaces.
P.S.
Franny, whacha been up to, lately?

#36387 by TheRevolutionite
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:30 pm
You have to check out this band I just discoverd. They are called The.Switch. Yes, The.Switch. They're from the Czech Republic. They are somewhat discovered. I would love them to come over here.

#36397 by Franny
Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:12 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:
P.S.
Franny, whacha been up to, lately?
Just trying to improve as always. I stopped playing with that one church, the leader was just tooooooo hyper, she had one speed "as fast as possible". Excellent sight reader, knowledge and player, half the time she'd start the song and be playing while everyone else was still walking up to the stage; even AFTER it was brought to her attention numerous times; i'll attribute it to her being the only musician for years for that church till myself and another guy joined in the music, he left also so she's back to doing it alone...which, i doubt if she even noticed yet :lol:
I'm still playing with the other guy occasionally. Otherwise i'm still hunting for someone/anyone that likes Blue eyed soul and whiteboy funk. A quest in vain i know, but what the hell...if i stop, then i will have lost right?

#36431 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Yeah, I've played with people like her - but only once. If they want to hog the whole show, and don't listen - I'm gone. There's always other places to play, eh?
I don't know how many years she's been playing, but she sounds inexperienced. Some people who have been playing for 10 years only have 1 year of experience . . . 10 times.
As to finding a certain musician for a certain style of music . . . I guess I'll have to wait until I die and go to heaven . . .

#36440 by gbheil
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:17 pm
Cool, when you get there look me up RM my chops will be perfect. 8)

#36495 by RhythmMan
Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 pm
I won't be perfect. If I was - it wouldn't be heaven.
It's the discovery of new techniques, new chords, new sounds that makes me want to do it.
After 35 years, I am still finding and utilizing new chords - I found 3 more usable chords in the last 5 days. (Key word: 'usable') Now I'm at well over 400 chords, and I am certain that I have only scratched the surface.
But, the # of chords, the # of techniques, the # of songs . . . in the long run, quantity doesn't matter.
What matters is how you put it all together to effect quality, eh?
It's the striving for that better quality, and the various success's and new songs found on the journey, - that keep me going.

#36625 by RhythmMan
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:10 pm
sanshouheil, you may be in music heaven right now, and not know it . . .

#36629 by Project-X
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm
Hey everybody. I'm looking for talented unknown/unsigned Singer-Songwriters and bands. I was wondering if you guys could help me by giving me some names of talented musicians you can't believe haven't made it yet (MySpace links, if possible), so I could listen to their music and address them. Many thanks

Here is someone you should check out

Myspace . com / jczsoloproject

#36640 by Hayden King
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 pm
guys I just dont feel comfortable with this thread. you never explained "what" you wanted w/these "unsigned" and talented singer/songwriter's an bands' music. sorry but I trust nobody with my music!

#37097 by Dez757
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:28 am
hey moretal,
my myspace page has more tha 100 bands who are talented and looking for opprotunity some of wich are on this site.....I do all I can to help them out so if you are a scout feel free to post a comment on my page so maybe they can contact you with samples....or let me know what your looking for my blog gets like tripple the ammount of hits my age gets so i can post a message for you there as well.
Dez

#37100 by gbheil
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:54 am
Alan, from all the complaints I have heard about bad bandmates you may be right. So far my guys are the best friends a man could ask for. Maybe I am in musicians heaven. :D

#37119 by RhythmMan
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:04 pm
Sans, cherish the moment . . .
There are far too many people who do not yet realize that these are the good old days . . .