This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#356 by Syntheticxlover
Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:55 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay,heres the deal.

My name is Jessica and i am a female vocalist. I dont know if there are any bands that are interested in having a girl as there lead vocals or even in there band. I am located near Tampa,Fl. Iam only 14 but that does not influence how dedicated i am and i think it is a good age to start. I also am intermediate in guitar and i love playing my guitar. I write songs and poetry.I am up for any advice on starting or joining a band.Or just any advice at all. : )

Please and thank you.

-Jess

#357 by ukulele boy
Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:30 pm
Jessica i think its great that you have high goals set for yourself, keep on practicing, good things will happen when you least expect it, just believe. Why dont you try this website called isound.com there you can create a artist page and post up to 3 songs for free, that way you can get your talents out there. anyways keep on strumming and dreaming, I hope you all the best in your career........Ukulele Boy :D

#358 by Syntheticxlover
Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:33 pm
thanks : ) i apreciate it. Ill check the site out. I tried to listen to your songs but it didnt work : (

- Jess

#359 by Matrick
Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:34 am
Hey Jessica,

I think you're totally on the right track. Unfortunately, the music culture tends to favor women as individual acts (Sheryl Crow, Madonna, Joss Stone) or as a part of a vocal ensemble.

Of course there are some all-girl bands and a a lot of co-ed bands and I think your generation is bound to be a little bit more open-minded.

But it sounds like you've got it down, if you're learning to play an instrument/s, practicing and writing poetry (which all good lyrics are) then you're making a great head start.

Good luck!