This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#34791 by gbheil
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:24 am
Sounds good Mike. Hell if I know.

#34807 by philbymon
Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 am
Epiphone Les Paul

My bud Dddonnie has a 2004 50th aniversary edition Strat - beautiful axe - for $600, if anyone's interested. Cherry condition.

#34822 by Mike Gentry
Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:26 pm
It's a Schecter Tempest Custom. This is a kickass guitar. I have 2 Fender Strats, a Gibson Les Paul, a EP Les Paul, a Jackson SL1 Soloist and this guitar will hold it's own against each one of them. It has the metal crunch and sustain I need for my heavy stuff and with the coil tap a pull of a knob switches to a single coil for some killer blues sound. I used it for all of my recording at the studio. Our other guitarist liked it so much he used for all of his recording also. Anyone looking for an inexpensive guitar that will do pretty much anything should check one out.

#34858 by gbheil
Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:09 am
sh*t MIKE! You could have posted that BEFORE I dropped a whole payday on a Gibson! (Its ok though, I heard the Goddess calling my name and I love her like a big rack)

#34990 by HowlinJ
Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:53 am
My first electric guitar was an early 60's Fender MusicMaster. It was given to me in 1969 by the other keyboard player in our six piece band. I thought that it was a somewhat extravagant gift so I gave him $20! I passed it along to my son (and bass player) Howlin' Ry.

Someone gave me a Marlboro Les Paul copy once. I honestly don't recall what became of it.

Someone also gave me an old Vox Student Prince. I made a lap steel out of it. I guess Cin got tired of it lyin' around, and threw it out.

The most I've ever paid for a git fiddle was $175 for a nice 60 something Mosrite six string. Those guitars had easy playing necks. The dude that sold it to me threw in a Peavey standard amp with it. Sorry to say, they got ripped off.

I now have an early 60's vintage Fender Mustang. It has an awesome stock Fender whammy bar. Ry tricked it out for me and it plays nice. The finish is original and has a few cracks, but it ads to its charm.
The price? $15, Salvation Army! (eat your heart out, George) :P

After rockin' the keys for nearly half a century, I can now say that I can actually play two songs on the guitar as well. Beatles' "Rockey Raccoon" and David Crosby's "Triad". (I wouldn't expect anyone to pay me to hear me play them, however) :wink:

Howlin'

#35007 by gbheil
Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:24 pm
Oh man that stings!
I'm a "stuff" or "gear" kinda guy though. But I am not foolish enough to think that gear is going to change poor technique. Now I'm working I Longview full time I'm going to look up my old guitar instructor.
See if I cant grow a little faster.

#35087 by Andrew Brewer
Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:24 pm
That Schetcher does seem pretty nice. It seems like there's a decent number of people that really like Schetchers, although I've never played around with one. Probably ought to though. Although I'll plug a pretty nice (and interesting) buy I made just recently, bought it for around $600 as well....Fender Custom Telecaster FMT (the actual name is actually a little longer...Fender seems to specialize in that). Anyway, interesting mostly because it's set-neck and contured. Also has seymour duncans in there. Has coil-tap as that schetcher does too. Yep, a Fender is basically my "metal" guitar now, who would have thunk it?

#35091 by Mike Gentry
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:14 pm
AJB, that's a nice guitar. I've played them a couple of times.

Sanshouheil, you can never go wrong with a Gibson but I'll speak a little blasphemy and say I like my Epiphone Les Paul a tad more than my Gibson.

My favorite guitar of all time is my Special Edition Clapton Blackie Strat. I love this guitar. If it was a woman, we would be married with 12 kids living in the country in a house with a white picket fence.

#35093 by Andrew Brewer
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:38 pm
Mike Gentry wrote:My favorite guitar of all time is my Special Edition Clapton Blackie Strat. I love this guitar. If it was a woman, we would be married with 12 kids living in the country in a house with a white picket fence.

Haha....I'm going look at it a bit literaly, but it's all in fun....making love to a strat. So anyone want to hazard a guess what the kids would look like? lol...I just had to do it.