This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#3420 by BassBastard
Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 pm
Here there is a shortage of bass and drums and alot of rythm guitarists who are playing bass until they can find a band to play guitar in.

I am a bassist. I also play drums, but my love is bass.
My drummer kicks ass.
Both of my guitar players kick ass.
My singer is also one hell of a bass player, so we both play bass on some tunes.

We catch alot of crap for it, but only because we have two bassists. Sound guys love us.

But I have real trouble finding drummers to work with and singers who are not absolutley mentally flawed. I mean bad. I am a bit off, but some of the guys I have auditioned with would be better off sober. Really.

BUt ther again I am a bastard, so hey!

#3440 by Severedsun
Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:41 pm
i hear ya dreadzy j its hard to find dedication been there done that...good luck though.

#3452 by Severedsun
Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:53 pm
hey jonnyrocker..well its a good thing to have an abundance of drummers and yes finding commitment is always hard.some people just talk out there ass....thanks man and good luck

#3489 by pscalfa1
Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:54 pm
I am starting to look for Bass players and drummers in my area. It traditionally is tough. Drummers (good ones) typically do not want to start in a new band and bass players typically are rare. I am forced to teach the two ifI can find people with potential talent. I am new to florida and I know that to find good players i actually have to hide my history as a former signed musician. its really crazy!

-P-

#3529 by Severedsun
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:56 am
pscalfa1 hey man goosd luck my friend,yea i have been in florida now for three years never had that problem up in the north east...later and thanks

#3537 by Irminsul
Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:17 pm
Out in this part of the country (Salt Lake city) we are overflowing with drummers and bass players...especially guitarists. What is difficult to find are good vocalists, keyboard players and string players.

#3569 by PapaMidnight
Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:45 pm
I've been playin Guitar for around 30 yrs and I'm just learning the Bass Can't find them here in Ct.wish me luck on my new journey

#3577 by RhythmMan
Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:27 pm
Knuckledragger, check out my profile, if interested, give me a shout. Alan

#3581 by Tama StarClassic
Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:01 am
Find me a good lead guitar player who doesn/t have an attitude and apprieciates a good drummer and maybe there would be more drummers.

I have been playing drums professionally for over 20 years and I have heard every cut from ignorant lead guitar players especially that drummers are not real musicians, they only like to hang out with real musicians.

Tell that to the great Buddy Rich, John Bohnam, or Niel Peirt as well as many others. I won't play with asshole guitar players!

#3593 by Zombie7255
Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:08 am
emanon31300 wrote:hey send some of those drummers from mississippi over to cental florida....yea every body does seem to want to be a ead guitarist these days...thanks for the replys..later
:twisted: This is zombie7255 ([email protected]). I play bass (B.C.Rich Warlock). I've been looking to get together with people to jam and maybe start a band up. The problem is making contact with others. My influences include Steve Harris, Cliff Burton, Rob Zombie, Rammstien... just to get started. If you're serious and live around the Pinellas Park area, e-mail me.

#3599 by Auburn Diva
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:33 am
How close is that to Daytona?

#3607 by little_tim
Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:58 pm
Dmcellan.....you hit the nail right on the head with that comment about some lead guitar players....and man I've meant plenty.....