This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#33331 by Alex Nasla
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 pm
What do you guys think about stratovarius? there music? there talent?

#73281 by bundydude
Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 am
Absolutely awesome! I tend to like the older material better then the newer stuff.

#106737 by Metaljazz37
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:06 pm
I like their old stuff a lot. Polaris didn't quite cut it for me, and A Million Light Years Away is still my favorite song.

Oh, and Plisken, I'm not a premier member so I can't message you, but my band is looking for a keyboardist. Symphony X/Sonata Arctica type stuff, interested?

#107216 by bundydude
Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 pm
Metaljaz37...A band playing Symphony x/Sonata Artica type stuff...Kick-fucking-ass! It is absolutely great to hear of anyone playing this genre of music. More power to you and if you have a MySpace or whatever, look me up, add as friend...Would love to hear some of your material. Metal forever!

#107247 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:52 am
Is this like DragonForce Z? lol

#107838 by Metaljazz37
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:54 am
Haha hell yeah bundy! Once we get things moving again I'll let you know of our page!

#113906 by SteveJacquesRI
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:01 pm
powermetal is so all the same

#115387 by bundydude
Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:41 pm
SteveJacquesRI wrote:powermetal is so all the same

While I'm a huge, huge fan of the power metal genre. I will agree, a great deal of it does sound very similar. That being said, it still rules Europe. Also, there is a distinct difference between the way American power metal (Metal Church, Flotsam and Jetsam, Manowar, Helstar, etc...) and Euro power metal (Helloween, Hammerfall, Nocturnal Rites, Primal Fear, etc...) sounds. Personally, I prefer a power metal/progressive metal/technical metal mix, i.e. Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Morgana Lefay (Lefay), Annihilator, etc...nuff said.

Also, metaljazz37...Did you or your band ever create a website? So I can look you up/listen to your material...