This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2119 by Guest
Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 am
World's Fastest Drummer is my buddy MikeMangini.com Check it out! 8)

#2231 by Guest
Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 pm
Steve Vai, Extreme, Rick Berlin, .......................................Bump :lol:

#3315 by little_tim
Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:26 am
fastest dont mean the best

#3370 by Guest
Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:22 pm
I agree 100% tim, but if you check Mike's resume, you'll find that his talent runs way deeper than just speed. In fact speed isn't a musical thing at all. More like an athletic stunt. Mike's musical input in songs that he has recorded, with various different artists, is the true test of his musical talent. Not how quickly he can strike an electronic drum pad in 60 seconds. Check Mike's website....MikeMangini.com I think you'll be impressed.... 8)

#3394 by Guest
Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:46 pm
I've come to find that the second best drummer in the country lives right in my city and he is only 14..........I heard him not too long ago at our city's fall festival and he is definitely good but still trying to be a kid as I watched him horse around with his friends between sets.He plays with his brother(bass) and father(lead).I've read his write ups as he travels the country competing in drum playoffs.He will have no problem when he gets out school getting an endorsement.He is set for life already!!!

#3406 by Guest
Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:54 am
Hey there jon. What's up? I trust that kid must be pretty talented for you to say that. But I must say that best drummer in the country, or even second best is a strange claim, dont you think? How could that be proven? With all the different styles, techniques, catagories. How could you be the best? When I say Mike is the fastest drummer in the world. That is fact. Proven fact. Undefeated. Holds the title. ....Being the best is an opinion. Like STAR WARS is the best movie. STEAK is the best food. :wink: I would like to see a list of the drummers that live in this country first, before I give anyone a number of skill level...........Don't ya think? :D

#3412 by GabrielS
Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:32 am
How 'bout the drummer for Tool? His bass rolls sound like a helicopter, for chrissakes. And he changes time signatures like a baby changes its diaper. That guy is a pretty intense drummer.

#3417 by Guest
Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:28 pm
Hey Ed,
I don't know what they do to classify skill levels but I know this kid is ranked.He went untouched in the Buffalo regionals and then went out to California for the nationals.There's no way I could even come close to his drumming skills but I never took formal training or can sight read.I'll be heading to Nashville at the end of the month so at this point in my life making a fulltime living off of drumming will suit me just fine :D

#3418 by Guest
Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:41 pm
Totally Gabe,........Danny Carey is a machine...I love Tool...I'm glad to see your doing well Jon. Good luck with the tour. I wasn't busting balls before, but lets face it,......Carter Beauford, Terry Bozzio, Tommy Lee, Steve Smith, Mike Portnoy, Simon Phillips, Neil Peart, Steve Gadd, Vinnie Colaiuta, Rod Morganstein, Carl Palmer, Bill Bruford, Gregg Bissonette, Carmine Appice...etc.......all live in this country......Some pretty big shoes to fill...and thats just pop......never mind jazz.....fusion...country....latin...To be no.2...is just a load of no.2 :lol:

#3595 by JAZZMINE
Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:28 pm
hey man , hows it everybody ? I grew up playing with paul bostaph formerly of slayer now with exodus, probably one of the worlds fastest ,but his musicianship makes him very valuable, so tell your friend to keep jammin and try to remember tasty is what makes good drumming ,some times not showing all your speed all the time ,but ripping it up in the right spots takes people by surprize and you will gain more respect and you will uphold your title, playing slow is probably the hardest thing to do and keep it interesting, keep jammin!