This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30694 by Dddonnie
Sun May 04, 2008 7:15 pm
We've been looking for a good lead player for a long time.

Where are you?

All I see on the forum is hard/metal/industrial rockers.

We'd be happy to use you if you could fit in with the band.

Check us out.

#30695 by Crip2Nite
Sun May 04, 2008 7:49 pm
Welll I dunno about over there but there's absolutely no interest or money to be made doin' rockabilly in my neck-o-the woods! I think there was one little pub up the road from me that actually had a rockabilly band there and obviously, the club didn't fare well that night and I haven't seen that type of venue again! Went over real well in the 80's though....

#30704 by RhythmMan
Mon May 05, 2008 2:13 am
That stuff sells great in CT
#30723 by Quanah1953
Mon May 05, 2008 12:52 pm
Well, there certainly arent many country pickers, thats for sure.

#30732 by philbymon
Mon May 05, 2008 2:14 pm
Yeah, I've been in that band with Donnie for over 10 years.

We usually are received well, in spite of the fact that we're the only rockabilly act in town.

We really need to replace that #*$#%!@%@ guitarist, though!

#30769 by fisherman bob
Mon May 05, 2008 9:16 pm
Played at a bar last year in Olathe Kansas, a large suburb of Kansas City. The owner wanted to book a country act, and COULD NOT FIND ONE. Imagine a large market like Kansas City and NO country bands available to play in a bar? What's up with that? I thought country was incredibly popular. I don't get it. Later...

#30776 by gtZip
Tue May 06, 2008 2:34 am
philbymon wrote:Yeah, I've been in that band with Donnie for over 10 years.

We usually are received well, in spite of the fact that we're the only rockabilly act in town.

We really need to replace that #*$#%!@%@ guitarist, though!

And by town, he means walmart. :wink:

#30823 by philbymon
Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm
Hey, now!

I'll have you know that here in Martiansburg/Hedgesville/Eastern Panhandle of West (by Gawd!) Virginia, we are considered a suburb of Wash, DC! Not that we are a big city kinda place, but we aren't exactly a WalMart parking lot, either.

Of course it helps a lot if you can understand our "Back Creek Phonics."

Probably not as big & bustling a place as Boise, Idaho...LOL...ya potato head!

One thing we are not, is a musian's dream...few venues to play in, radio wasteland, etc., even with Sheperdstown Univ just 30 miles away.

I don't understand that, but it's really an ok place to live, otherwise.

#30841 by gtZip
Tue May 06, 2008 8:30 pm
:lol:
Thats Mr. Potato head!
Boise is getting better... but still not that swift compared to Denver or Portland or Seattle, or even Salt Lick.

How come west viginy has so much music to offer but nowhere to play?

#30854 by philbymon
Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 pm
I think it's cuzza all them furreners movin' in an' makin' too many laws & hirin' too many cops to patrol the streets these days. They sure don't go out to our bars unless thier givin' away free food or sumpin.

Heck, ya cain't even smoke a doob on the street anymore!

They done bilt alla them there McMansions out here & moved in the city peeple & stuff, 'n' the local boys 'r' lucky if'n they kin find a place to smoke the corn silk or grow the corn or drink the corn licker or even EAT the damned stuff!!

#30933 by mistermikev
Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 pm
love the rockabilly/psychobilly music....
rev horton heath...
stray cats/bs orchestra...
wanda jackson...

don't think I'll get up and move to virginia to join a band...
especially after that whole borat rodeo thingy...
but good luck to ya anyway!

#31161 by blair_rock
Sat May 10, 2008 11:52 am
come to Atlanta. Rockabilly's big here. I listen 2 a monday night rockabilly set on the radio and hear about all the venues playing rockabilly in town.
Of course Atlanta's the place for almost any style of music.