This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2109 by bluesdad
Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:10 pm
I'f your looking for well known bands that advertise when they are looking for musicians I would get a billboard magasine.sometimes you will see that some groups are looking for help.

#3096 by Johny Tornado
Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:20 am
Usually it is thru the management company of the band and producers.
It is really closed circle kinda thing.
#10172 by Sorna Project
Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm
Send a promo pkg to his pruduction company. Years ago my brother-in-law [ Joe Mazzola ] formely of Sony artist Sponge sent one to Kiss when Ace left. He was one of the top 2 or 3 in the running. They flew him to LA and everything. Good luck. Check out songs on my myspace pro. I'm the drummer. http://www.myspace.com/sornaproject

#30635 by Scott-Fisher
Sat May 03, 2008 2:32 pm
Most of the time, they'll go through their managers who will in turn go through the local musician's union. So, unless you're connected in some way like that, you're screwed if that's your goal. Like they've always said, it's not WHAT you know, it's not even WHO you know as it is who you BLOW.

#30680 by RhythmMan
Sun May 04, 2008 3:34 pm
I suspect that advertising would bring out every wannabee and fan.
They're probably already beating the 'no-talents' off with a stick, why on earth would they want to pay to make things worse?

#31187 by philbymon
Sat May 10, 2008 7:41 pm
I just saw in yesterday's Martinsburg Journal classified section that Elvis Costello is looking for a new bass player.
#37209 by Black57
Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:36 am
AxetheRipper wrote:Where do famous bands advertise for new musicians? Now I know this is not really a question that can be answered with 1 single E-mail address or ph#,but Ozzy when you see this give me a call ! :twisted:

Back in my college days, I know of a trumpet major and a trombone major who who went to a music workshop, I believe to be in Kansas. Oh God, I can't think of the drummer's name. He's dead now. Well, anyway I am going to have to refresh my memory. But they got the gigs just by playing with the jazz emsemble. In my opinion, if you want to get hooked up, get into one of the college bands. They will hook you up.
#38270 by Kramerguy
Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm
Sorna Project wrote:Send a promo pkg to his pruduction company.

So what productions companies are worthwhile and which are not? We see ads every other day in general chat from fly-by-night promo and production companies (most of which are probably dumb guys living in their parent's basement, using gmail accounts and stuff)....