This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30078 by Andragon
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:10 pm
ooo I've heard one model that sounded insanely good on some metal/grunge tunes with badass distortion. Lemme look for it.
Found it: rp250

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6UuCWAIsk

But, obviously, it all depends on how you use it.

#30080 by unibasser
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 pm
i have a 150 and thought for the low cost it was a pretty cool unit. i use it when im sitting around messing with song ideas. the drums are limited but i find them useful and EASY to get rough ideas down before they get lost. if you edit the presets most of the sounds are decent. i was happy with it for the cost..under $100 new

#30097 by Shredd6
Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:49 pm
I like 'em too. I used an RP 150 when I did acoustic gigs for the tuner, chorus, reverb and eq. It's cool to have a small compact multi effects pedal that runs on batteries. They're actually pretty useful little pedals.

#30118 by philbymon
Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:54 pm
I dunno the model, but this guy I used to work with had a Digitech...had about 8 trip pedals on it & an expression pedal...he became the "king of tone" after spending a few hundred hours with it, but I must say it sounded great with his PRS axe & PRS prototype modelling amp

He's a good player, & he has wonderful tone with the stuff he has. He has quite the library of sounds to choose from as he plays, & never do I see him trip over it like so many others do. Takes practice, doesn't it?

#30221 by Kramerguy
Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 pm
I used a digitech rp50 and I really liked it, but found it to be too constricting on nailing exact tones, so I went and tried out a bunch of stompbox modeling pedals. I tried everything from the Pod Live XT, to the Vox Tonelabs, to the Boss GT-8, and what I ended up with..

The Digitech GNX3000.

Sounded way better than all the others, to me.

Takes a good beating too, I play out and practices with it and it stands up to a pretty good beating.

#30576 by AJ6stringsting
Fri May 02, 2008 10:15 pm
I got the old Digitech RP-1 and 12, those units give me all the sounds I need from a Pantera, AC-DC, Pink Floyd or Yngwie Malmsteen sounds.
They may be old but the sounds are still spectactular !!!! :D

#32455 by nastydaddy1
Tue May 27, 2008 8:57 am
I have a really old beaten up RP10 that I bought from new 12 years ago. as soon as I bought it, it was withdrawn, and I can't think why. It's the Mutts Nuts. I get great tone from it. I'd originally bought a Crate Amp, when I was playing loads of metal, but when I joined a band playing more conservative rock, I needed to change my sounds. There are some outrageous sounds that I'd never consider using live (stuff to scare the kids and the cats) but the programming and setting up is easy. It sounds great as well. I preferred the Digitech to the Boss equivalents that were available at the time.
After all this time though, it's looking even older and shabbier than I am, so I'm looking at the market for something new. Toying with the idea of getting something from Line 6, but I need to get into a few shops and try a few units. I'm aiming to get back into the live circuit in hte very near future, so I need to get myself some kit that will last teh distance.

#32676 by mistermikev
Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm
I started out years ago on an rp-10 when they first came out, then went to a rp-12... then finally got my hands on a 2112... and I'll never sell it.
The flavor of the day modeling stuff is neat, and I wouldn't mind adding a pod pro or new digitech 1101(?), but it's hard to justify it when my 2112 will do anything I want when it comes to tweaking a delay, cascading effects, running analog transistor pre right next to a genuine tube pre... setting em up to tweak based on how hard I hit the string or an envelope...
plus then you have the option to run an external effects loop...

plus joe satriani and steve vai actually used this thing in their rigs!

presets by steve morse, reeves gabriels, etc...

bottom line: I love it. ( I do admittedly have 10 or 12 stompboxes too... don't tell my digitech)

#35130 by suckatash
Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:13 am
I have an RP 80 that I run in my rig. I don't really use the models or anything cause I run a POD 2.0 through an amp. I do, however, use the Phase, Flange, and Whammy effects as well as the tuner. I like it and right now, they're probably pretty cheap...