This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#12467 by Kat-Rocks
Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:33 pm
Hey,

I was previously a member and then noticed that several people didnt have audio/visual so I left...but Im back because there are more and more people now with audio and I am hoping to meet the right match. Why is my profile pic stretched out like that? What the?!?!

#12484 by Irminsul
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 pm
Welcome back Kat. Yeah I think all of our belly-aching about people not uploading audio has made a bit of a difference for the better.

#12511 by Kat-Rocks
Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:45 pm
I like the little audio symbol as well on the right when browsing...so you can go directly to profiles with audio. It just saves time for people who are in search of a specific sound....anyways thanks for the reply!

#29264 by Andragon
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:41 am
I'm new to the site, but sometimes files aren't in mp3, and converting them reduce the quality, especially if you don't have the snazzy programs.
Personally, I'm putting up a link to where you can listen to some recordings. So, I think that's an okay alternative, right? :?

#29265 by gbheil
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 am
Welcome Kat, thanks for the song :D
Good luck on your quest.
Andragon, While it is tech true you can loose some quality in conversion. Most of us I would imagine dont have sound systems from or computers that is going to make that much diff. and some of these folk dont, go off site to hear your music. You can down load audacity free to convert if you want to put up some samples. Anywho welcome to the forum.

#29272 by koolmom78
Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:52 am
Well it's nice to see a couple more Canadians on here! :wink: Welcome! Sorry, but I'm guilty as one who has no audio - YET :P Soon tho...am workin on it. See ya around!

#29278 by Andragon
Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:30 am
sanshouheil wrote:Andragon, While it is tech true you can loose some quality in conversion. Most of us I would imagine dont have sound systems from or computers that is going to make that much diff. and some of these folk dont, go off site to hear your music. You can down load audacity free to convert if you want to put up some samples. Anywho welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I have been using Audacity for most of my audio work, but every time I go near converting "rm" files into mp3's, it gets screwed up and it fails to read it correctly.

koolmom78 wrote:Well it's nice to see a couple more Canadians on here! :wink:

Yup.. it's really hard to find your musical matches as well as close locations, but I'm all of you know that already :?

#29298 by philbymon
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:21 pm
I used "Switch" to transfer my waves to MP3...seemed to work & it's free o/l. Yeah, there's always gonns be some loss when you compress sound, though.

#29317 by Andragon
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:26 pm
philbymon wrote:I used "Switch" to transfer my waves to MP3...seemed to work & it's free o/l. Yeah, there's always gonna be some loss when you compress sound, though.

Ummm I think you haven't read my post well... I can't convert RM files.. not WAV. It comes out as distortion, and when I try to "Export as MP3," it's still all distortion.
Beside that, Audacity's great!

#29364 by philbymon
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:17 pm
It worked on my RM files, too, but I did make one mistake - it isn't free it's just a trial offer...but it did the trick for me

Good luck

#29405 by Andragon
Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:41 am
Mine's a full version.. I don't think I ever heard of an Audacity demo version.. anyways.. I guess mine is screwed up then.
#29933 by Kat-Rocks
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:22 pm
Andragon wrote:I'm new to the site, but sometimes files aren't in mp3, and converting them reduce the quality, especially if you don't have the snazzy programs.
Personally, I'm putting up a link to where you can listen to some recordings. So, I think that's an okay alternative, right? :?

Hey...I havent been on this site in so long....where did all u guys pop out of? :roll: Just wanted to say that I think a link to your demo is just as good....my demo is made off of a computer in a basement...no fancy crap, all I could afford, however I made the effort to show my voice and style and true musicians should be able to look beyond quality when listening for potential. So people shouldnt be so afraid to bare themselves a little, and just put up a demo!! BTW you have great tone Andragon....takes guts to go on a mic and sing acapelo, another desired trait in the industry! :wink:
Last edited by Kat-Rocks on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.

#29935 by gbheil
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 pm
I can agree with you Kat, But I would like to get better recordings at least so that the "feel" of what I am trying to convey comes through.

#29937 by Kat-Rocks
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:34 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I can agree with you Kat, But I would like to get better recordings at least so that the "feel" of what I am trying to convey comes through.

When it comes to booking gigs I understand your point and totally agree, when it comes to auditions and trying to find bandmembers, you can submit any demo in my opinion in order to open the door. Your samples rock! I know you must sound wicked live!

#29941 by gbheil
Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:48 pm
Thank you Thank you I feel we do pretty good for a bunch of newbs.
And Yes, When we play loud and proud live it does sound better.
a Wicked sounding Christian Rock Band uh COOL!