This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#28997 by gbheil
Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:15 am
Jon: Lady in Red was, it seemed to me to be a bit out of your range, However on Drops of Jupiter, there was a course quality to your voice that I felt worked. I liked the way it came off.
As always: Thank you for the music for me to listen to.

#29001 by JONLYKINS
Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:02 am
Thanks for the listen. I felt the sameway but needed a nudge one way or the other. I really liked the song but am stuck. if i transpose down one im way too low. so ive put it away until i can more comfortably stretch it out. If you ever want my 2 cents on your music give me a yell. again.........thanks.

#29030 by gbheil
Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 pm
Your two and 1/2 cents (inflation ya know) are always welcome. Most of what I have posted is either live or recorded in practice sessions and have been up a while. I am going to post today a revision of Life (My Revelation) from last Tuesdays practice. I know we could get a better singer but I also know he could get a better guitarist :oops: Its kinda a "family" thing with us (no blood relation). A project if you will, for the growth of all. (except our sick bassest, man that dude can play)

#29170 by koolmom78
Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:22 am
Well, those songs weren't listed there...maybe I don't know how to look, I dunno. :oops: BUT I did listen to Rocket Man and it was FAB! I love the way you played the song the way it's supposed to be played yet you didn't try imitate Elton's vocals...they were distinctively yours. Good job! Any vocalist can be an imitator, but it takes skill to keep your own style 8)

#29204 by gbheil
Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:33 pm
He must have pulled em off allready Mom.

#29243 by JONLYKINS
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:40 pm
Thanks for the listen and the encouragment. Sorry but i did take em off the site bein both songs need to be worked on a bit. Once i post em ill letcha know. I found out from a studio owner friend of mine today that he has found some older original christian contemporary tracks from about 2 years ago. Ill be posting a few of those also. Again, thanks to both of you for your input.

#29244 by HowlinJ
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm
OOPS!
(I listened to "Faithfully" instead!)

But I'm glad I did. Your playin' and singin' is both top notch in my opinion. I'll check out the rest later. (I miss your "Jailhouse Rock" cover on the BandMix player)
Howlin'

#29250 by koolmom78
Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 am
JONLYKINS wrote:Thanks for the listen and the encouragment.

No prob! I only wish you were closer so we could work together... :)

#29334 by JONLYKINS
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:08 am
Howlin, just got back from your bandmix site. Checked out the spell you put on me. :shock: Liked the groove your bassist has got. knows how to walk thats for sure! also enjoyed the soul bein us white folk need a dose every now and then. 8) by the way Whats up with that triangled guitar in your pics? looks as though alot of high end would pour out of it. would make for a cool alternative sound. maybe....mmaybe not as though i play acoustic but not well schooled in the guitar world. :oops:

#29498 by tbh1989
Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 am
there's nothing more comfortable than wiping your ass with the cover of Hit Parader.

Especially since that band Slapknut have been on the cover every single month for years now.

#29615 by Andragon
Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 pm
tbh1989 wrote:there's nothing more comfortable than wiping your ass with the cover of Hit Parader.

Especially since that band Slapknut have been on the cover every single month for years now.

HAHAHA seriously laughed out loud.. amen, bro!
Except for the ass wiping.. cuz my butt is too good for them.

#29664 by tbh1989
Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 am
true, but i like the way their faces look with sh*t smeared all over them :P

#29730 by Andragon
Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm
tbh1989 wrote:true, but i like the way their faces look with sh*t smeared all over them :P

The only time I ALMOST respected them is when they paid tribute to MetallicA on Icon MetallicA or something.

#29782 by tbh1989
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 pm
f**k that, they killed the Metallica song. :roll:

Slapknut is true teenage conformity music at its best. You go to any Ozzfest or Slipknot concert and EVERYBODY LOOKS EXACTLY THE f**k SAME!!!! (this also goes for bands like Korn, Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, and the blasphemous Avenged Sevenfold...) I used to be a goth kid in high school, but I never bought those goofy-ass tripp pants. And then around sophmore year, I started beating up goths and putting their heads in the toilet. :twisted: Yes, I am an asshole, but I'm usually a pretty reasonable guy. And I always had a good reason for everything I did. (They were saying that Iron Maiden sucked or that they're depressed for no f**k reason, so I gave them something to be depressed about hahaa)

Oh my good golly gosh! I'm an evil bastard! :twisted:

#45940 by thesystemhasfailed
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:38 am
i personally prefer this brand> http://www.agoravox.com/IMG/jpg/dianetics.jpg

as far as goth kids go, when i was in that phase i was alot different from all these mall goths and emos that ran around my school while they were shopping at hottopic i shopped at home depot and do-it-best. whatever jewlery i had i made from whtever i pulled out oa tool box or whatever spikes and sh*t fell off at shows. when it came down to music when they listened to marylin manson and nine inch nails i was listening to coven 13, bauhaus, evanescence, leonard cohen and such. then i went punk hoo-hah!