This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292946 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm
Planetguy wrote:Look, Schmed... whether or not you've ever done it isn't an issue (for me).

But seriously, to say that Mike is no better than Slacker who cut and pasted copious amts of political spew daily is just silly.

Mike has posted as much or more music stuff on this site as anyone. He's participated in musical pass-arounds. He shares his music and videos freely. And weighs in on other's music.

so, if he wants to be the one left leaning voice who feels the need to occasionally share something from a different point of view than all the other right leaning posters here who get on THEIR stump to tout THEIR views....big whoop.

afterall, there IS a section for doing this. and as long as that's not Mike's, or anyone else's sole contribution to this site....just coming to a MUSIC SITE to spew their political views, i have no problem with it. i don't believe that does any damage to this site's cred....

now, on the other hand, if that's the ONLY thing someone has to offer here, then i really have to wonder why they choose a music site for such. (you know who you are)


Thanks for trying to throw some common sense into this, PG, but Schmed seems to have something against me this week. The article I posted was about how internet troll lying could spread things. He's taken it as some far-left liberal commie plot...
#292948 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 pm
So what is the standard you set PG, for it to be acceptable to post on this thread?

It seems people have questions, not necessarily looking to you for answers.

That's almost Yoddish.

Did he do songs in Yiddish?
#292949 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 pm
So what is the standard you set PG, for it to be acceptable to post on this thread?

It seems people have questions, not necessarily looking to you for answers.

That's almost Yoddish.

Did he do songs in Yiddish?
#292950 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:54 pm
The old double post.
How the hell's that happen?
#292951 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:So what is the standard you set PG, for it to be acceptable to post on this thread?

It seems people have questions, not necessarily looking to you for answers.



:lol: :lol: :lol: contradict yourself much, AV???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and where did I say it WASN'T okay to post on this or any other thread????? (that's right...nowhere)
#292959 by schmedidiah
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 pm
1. - I didn't say mike or anybody else couldn't post whatever they want in the general chat section.

2. - i didn't call anyone or the content of their post "commie", so don't put those words in my mouth.

3. - i didn't say Mike matched Slacker in volume of crappy political threads. i said he's doing the Slacker thing of finding something on the internet that backs up his own opinion, starting a new thread about it, putting up a link and several feet of text (seriously, try scrolling past that on a phone sometime. you guys thought willie's picture posts were bad), then he's telling us "we didn't even read it/ we can't even argue with it".

4. - i'm simply pointing out when Mike makes a rule for others and doesn't follow it himself (the incident with Vamp posting a Confederate song being too political for the general usic section/ Mike posting the CSN Teach Your Children video not being political at all *allegedly).

5. - in this thread i'm simply pointing out that Mike claimed he "only reacts to what others post" yet he started a dumb political thread, Slacker-style, and told us we can't even argue with him on it. This, after he had claimed he doesn't do it. he's done it since I joined. Mark, you did it 5 times in 24 hours a few years ago when you were on a jihad against Islamophobia. fine. whatever.

my whole point is this. don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. have whatever point of view you want to have. if i couldn't tolerate your pov, i wouldn't have married a liberal democrat and had 2 kids with her.
#292960 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:19 pm
schmedidiah wrote:1. - I didn't say mike or anybody else couldn't post whatever they want in the general chat section.

What you said was:
cut and paste 7 feet of text onto the bandmix musicians forum

schmedidiah wrote:2. - i didn't call anyone or the content of their post "commie", so don't put those words in my mouth.

3. - i didn't say Mike matched Slacker in volume of crappy political threads. i said he's doing the Slacker thing of finding something on the internet that backs up his own opinion, starting a new thread about it, putting up a link and several feet of text (seriously, try scrolling past that on a phone sometime. you guys thought willie's picture posts were bad), then he's telling us "we didn't even read it/ we can't even argue with it".

'Scrolling through it' - that's what I figured - NOT reading it. So you spout off what YOU THINK it was about. Your choice to scroll through it, or to just ignore the thread. Sorry you are stuck with using a phone to read through long posts (4 pages, 1665 words).
schmedidiah wrote:4. - i'm simply pointing out when Mike makes a rule for others and doesn't follow it himself (the incident with Vamp posting a Confederate song being too political for the general usic section/ Mike posting the CSN Teach Your Children video not being political at all *allegedly).

"Makes a rule" - excuse me????
The Vamp confederate song post was not posted to show the music, it was entirely political. You didn't like the video that went with Teach Your Children (didn't you admit you didnt' like CS&N?), tough titties. I didn't post it specifically for the political statement in the video, but you sure took it to heart, I guess!
schmedidiah wrote:5. - in this thread i'm simply pointing out that Mike claimed he "only reacts to what others post" yet he started a dumb political thread, Slacker-style, and told us we can't even argue with him on it. This, after he had claimed he doesn't do it. he's done it since I joined. Mark, you did it 5 times in 24 hours a few years ago when you were on a jihad against Islamophobia. fine. whatever.

I specifically said I do post things to rile up the far-righties! BUT, AGAIN, that's not what the post in question was about at all. If you take it that way (after not reading it, just 'scrolling by'), that's your problem again. Just like Vamp's youtube links, you can choose to ignore it.
schmedidiah wrote:my whole point is this. don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. have whatever point of view you want to have. if i couldn't tolerate your pov, i wouldn't have married a liberal democrat and had 2 kids with her.

You may tolerate it, but you sure piss and moan about it a lot.
#292961 by schmedidiah
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm
agree to disagree. :D
#292962 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm
You implied and seem to be talking to someone...….you know who they are

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests