This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#268 by lincoln
Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:27 am
Hey guys...life has been just CRAZY here in south florida...rush...rush...rush!!! Work...work...work !!!

But anyways we ahave to fight our way through this jungle of stress and find some kind of oasis in life...even if just for a moment..and come up with some beauty...some balm...some healing...some basics of life!

May God bless us and help inspire us...give us some kind of pure art, ...so we can fight our way through this jungle of stress and find somehow a oasis of Life !

Sorry guys...just something that popped into my head:) !!!

I'm here to ask you wonderful people ...to spare some of your time and take a listen to the song on my profile...basiclly I need some input on:

Lyrics-

Melody-

Arrangement-

If you guys could give me a grade on each of those items above...let say from 0 to 5 . I would really appreciate it. I have to prepare a demo with my songs to bring to Nasville...I'm sort of in the selection stage and need all the help I can find...well...give me a hand, OK...PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless

Lincoln
Last edited by lincoln on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

#269 by 601Blues
Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:13 pm
I gave it an ear, Good vocals and hear a lot of work! But for me it sounds typical nothin special, Maybe good for church blue hairs,But we are called to go into the world and minister ,I would not listen to the creampuff style, but keep prayin we have a tendency to do what ,religon wants and not what the holy sprit wants,

#270 by lincoln
Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:21 am
Hey R.J. Thanks for the input !!!

I understand that a mellow song like this one will bore a rocker....but honestly I do believe in music that serves as a backgroud for meditation.... I have songs in diverse styles.... upbeat ones... others like tecno-dance, etc. My musical roots are more in the classical, neo-classical pop...I'm not a rocker...I do appreciate music from DC TALK for example, but JESUS FREAK for me is just noise !!!!

I have about 70 songs which is not a lot for a guy who writes songs since his childhood...and thats because I never sat down to write anything....NEVER....if the song doesn't come naturally I don't force it...and if it DOES come, I believe they come from God. And I understand very well that sometimes the works of God don't match exactly with the RELIGION we are taught.

God bless,

Lincoln

#271 by 601Blues
Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 am
:shock: Yes I understand completly, however don't have to sell me, you gave me the impression you where taken this to Nashville, Ive been wrong before but what would make me want to buy your song over 1000sands that sound just like that ,your talkin a whole new game here they aren't interested in meditating they want to sell CDs,don't get me wrong Iam not tryin to degrade your work in anyway whatso ever I think its good but not special, Buy the way Iam not a rocker, Iam just an artist,I don't pay much atten to the beat just the passion, But any producers will be lookin at the market that may be there. :wink:

#272 by lincoln
Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:18 am
Feel free to let me have it, R.J....don't worry...I did not ask people to grade my song only to satisfy my ego....Im sincerely looking for critiques so I can improve...I'm not a professional...I have a day job and 3 kids...I need a lot of help musically and lyrically !!!!

Sorry if I confused you with a rocker....I did it based on your replay and your lyrics on my first post.

Anyways a CD is usually composed of more than one song right???? Maybe that song will touch those poor souls listening to Yanni and Enya..hehehhe just kidding !!!!

Thanks again....God bless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln

#273 by 601Blues
Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:20 pm
:D Look Iam not tryin to let you have it, Iam just tryin to give you some of the things that i have experienced, when I start to organize a song,I try to set aside my feeling when i listen to my song, 1st I know what it is or the message it is to convey,so its much clearer to me,however will a fresh listener understand? is it that clear? and the most succesful materials have a clear message. 2nd does the arrangment fit the message and back up the emotion my message will evoke,It doesent make any diff,what style or beat your trained to play the basic rule still applies,think about all the top songs you have heard, they all have a clear message [ its the real thing] right!! and the music sticks in your head, hence a HOOK, Thats the things I have learned over the years, doin them is another as Iam still learnin maybe 1 day I will get it right!! Good luck!! OH! another thing I have learned,if someone has a comment on your work its not to hurt me as much as to educate me, I learned that from Jesus

#274 by lincoln
Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:49 am
Well R.J. I don't beleive a lot in a FORMULA to make songs...like...have to have a hook...lyrics have to be explicit...etc....what about if the song pops up in your head without a hook??? Are you going to FORCE a hook in the song for the sake of a formula??? I like lyrics with a lot of metaphors...thats my taste...I can see by your lyric that you dont use a lot of metaphors...thats fine if you like it.

I find it strange because your first post above gave me the impression that you believe in a NON-FORMULA...SPIRIT-INSPIRED song....well..maybe I dont quite understood....

The commom sense among the music critics is that COUNTRY songs should be more straightfoward and tell a story, more like prose than poetry....pop songs can use or even abuse of methaphors and poetry.

I learned something from Jesus too...and it is that you will never satisfy everybody...I'm cool with the fact that what makes art so rich and interesting is the fact that everybody has a diferente way of seeing things...So lets just keep on the journey, developing our talents, as diverses as they may be... because, if they are really dedicated to the Lord, through different roads we will get to the same Jesus feet. :)

#275 by 601Blues
Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:47 pm
Good Luck!!
#276 by Gary Esslinger
Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:12 pm
very pretty song you should enter it on american idol undergrond where it can be rated and heard . checkout my web page sign my gest bookand or web directory,on the home page there is link to american idol underground [url]www.thegaryeproject.com there are links to other sites that may be helpful to you .[/url]

#277 by lincoln
Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:23 am
Thanks buddy !!!!

God bless !!!!!

#278 by 601Blues
Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:02 am
Yeah! you gotta pay da buddy ta play yo stuff, been dere done it,

#279 by Gary Esslinger
Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:08 am
hey 601 blues and lincoln click on my profile and checkout my song and tell me what you think,let me have it good or bad ! ive already listened to your songs.

#280 by 601Blues
Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:08 pm
:shock: Yup! I like it, the phraseing was good,I could hear a break in there, you know right where you have a slight pause,I think if you extended dat a full measure and build back into it with 1st guitar then 2nd lead screamin then bass and drums puttin it back into gear!! it would be awesome!! Thanks!!

#281 by Gary Esslinger
Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:04 pm
thanks 601 blues ,if you get a chance check out my website [url]www.thegaryeproject.com[/url]and sign my guest book 0r web directory.there links on the Gary E. Project page where ive got 4more tracks you can take a listen to if you want, thanks again gary e.

#282 by Gary Esslinger
Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:10 pm
[quote="601Blues"]:shock: Yup! I like it, the phraseing was good,I could hear a break in there, you know right where you have a slight pause,I think if you extended dat a full measure and build back into it with 1st guitar then 2nd lead screamin then bass and drums puttin it back into gear!! it would be awesome!! Thanks!![/quote]ihad to think a minute about what you were saying about the pause then it hit me , this song was written in 1993 when i was in a three piece garage band that never got off the ground anyway, i recorded this song in my very own livingroom in the spring of last year when i purchased the riffworks software to go with my pod i couldn't recreate the drum parts as good as i wanted to . the bass and both guitar part's are me as well as the vocals thanks again gary e. p.s nice guitars in your profile