This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26607 by scarletrust
Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 am
Does anyone here dig the female singing voice? To me it is the best. I love Hope Sandoval (formerly of Mazzy Star), Beth Gibbons of Portishead, Liesje Sadonius (on the first Hooverphonic album), Skye Edwards of Morcheeba... you get the idea (if you know who these bands are)

BTW, Irish Anthony, you nailed me. Downtempo and chill is where I am right now... I'll also blend that with My Bloody Valentine and Smashing Pumpkins, and, as far as "pop/rock" is concerned, that's where I'll be found.

#26612 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:22 am
Morcheeba is good, I remember the first time I heard them... It was a commercial for discovery, I like one song of theirs that I heard.

I love female lead singers, so put them anywhere and I am usually happy. I love Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Morcheeba, and there was one woman I saw named Lizz Wright, wow, what talent. She sang in a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald. She sang "Reaching for the Moon." That was one very talented woman.

So yeah, female vocals in general to me are cool. I also love when I see women on instruments, guitar, bass, drums. That is always cool. Smashing Pumpkins is a perfect example, so is A Perfect Circle, both had female bassists. Heart was amazing, female lead singer, female guitarist.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#26897 by Pro Metheus
Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:47 pm
Nightwish- all cd's with Tarja Turunen on vox
no female rock singer can come close to her

Epica- super hottie Simone Simons on vox

Therion

Within Temptation

Sirenia

After Forever

Lacuna Coil

Xandria

#26960 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:03 am
Lacuna Coil and the vocals of Tarja in Nightwish are the best.

But when they replaced Tarja with this new girl, it was like "This is horrid..."

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#26978 by HowlinJ
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:26 am
I'll have to check those chicks out 'cause I've never heard them.

Some of my favorite female voices belong to ,

Jeska Hoop
Joni Mitchel
Judy Collins
Joan Armatrading
Sinied Oconnor
Bjork
My old singer Steph
My old guitar playin' singer Carol
Jewell
Linda Rondstant
most of all Billie Holiday

#26989 by Starfish Scott
Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:31 am
No!

#27051 by philbymon
Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:28 pm
I'm not a huge fan...lotsa times thier pitch tweaks me.

If they sound like an angry fishwife I cringe & turn it off.

I did like Suzanna Vega, Cranberries, a couple of Grace Slick's songs. It depends on the song & the style, I guess.

When they start singing about female "empowerment" I quickly become disinterested, I suppose cuz I'm such a chauvenist...but I guess we can't all agree on everything.

As for Morcheeba...I heard her a time or two & thought she sounded more like the soundtrack for an after-school special...LOL

#33277 by Black57
Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:13 am
I adore both Nancy Wilson's voices...the one who sings with Heart and the other one who is the jazz singer.

#33415 by Starfish Scott
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:37 pm
angry fishwife.. LOLOLOLOL

-agreed

#33629 by koolmom78
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:17 am
Well I definately have my favorite female singers, such as Stevie Nicks, Madonna, Whitney Houston (not so much anymore but she's got one powerful voice!) Jann Arden, Jewell, even Amy Grant was a fav when I was a kid. I find I tend to have a preference for male vocalists tho...probably some psychological BS like I didn't get enough "daddy time" :lol: But it sure is hard to find a talented female vocalist these days since technology makes it so easy to reproduce sound & pitch etc.

#33664 by Andragon
Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 pm
koolmom78 wrote:Madonna

hahaha :lol: hahaha
Sorry, I think it's funny.

#33760 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:25 am
Don't apologize to the fishwives. lol

#34657 by CaptnWar
Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:07 pm
From Brampton Ontario (they usually just say T.O.)... the band GIRL + THE MACHINE

Also one album from the band SNEAKER PIMPS had some unique vocals. The specific album is BECOMING X. The others were sung by the guy who writes the music.
#34874 by KreeAtiv
Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 am
I'm gonna have to go with Aretha Franklin..Alicia Keys...Raiana from KHZ..Otep Shamaya from Otep..Purple Pam..Mariah Carey..Madonna..

#34915 by Andragon
Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:03 pm
Still laughing at the Madonna thing :?