This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26276 by DennisMichaels
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:37 pm
indeed...it's messed up. I remember when you had to audition to get then union as well tho'. At 46 I've been told "you can't rock you're an old dude, we play loud too... the add said 18-30", you can't read? These bands are still running adds...

#26290 by gbheil
Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:17 pm
OLD DUDE? CANT ROCK? Hell I resemble that remark. I was bangin my head when lots of those boys were a wet spot on their momas panties.
Me thinks what they ment to say Dennis is your too old to make some nonsense noise and call it rock.

#27090 by Senior Jalapeno
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 pm
Music speaks clearer than words.
:roll:

#27279 by philbymon
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:17 pm
I am a bassist who's never played Metallica stuff...but I'd audition for the band anyways, cuz I want some gigs...betcha after going through any of thier stuff twice I could play it no prob.

Look me up in WV...I'm such a whore I'll play anything...yes...even rap...LOL

sign me "Desparate in WV"

#27281 by gbheil
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm
Th Desperate Whore's: another cool band name :D

#27285 by scarletrust
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:32 pm
Budget Companion Service

#27289 by gbheil
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:40 pm
Hey Brad, I was up in OK on my vacation. Drove all the way up the eastern boarder on 259 & Hwy 1, Its Gods country too. I.d love to own some of those beautifull woods on the mountain side. Awsome!

#27307 by philbymon
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 pm
Brad, I never said was a CHEAP whore...LOL @ "budget companion service!"

#27321 by jw123
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:18 pm
Dennis you could probably scare some of those young guys with that bass setup you have.

A couple of monthes ago these younger guys called me. They were playing an exact songlist of one of my old bands and they needed a guitarist. The bass player is talking to me and I finally said you know Im 45 dont you. It sounded like the wind went out of him, but I guess they were desperate so he said come on over. His last comment was that I might need to rent a bigger amp to audition. I took my Triple Rec with 2 4x12s in there and stacked them up. Within an hour the bass player was asking me to turn down. These guys didnt know what loud was until I walked in. They even asked me to join their group, it was so weird I knew every song they knew, even the ones they hadnt told me about. They were freaking out. I do have to admit that I was probably playing a little louder than I would normally but it sure was fun to open the ole amp up a little. For some reason I just didnt feel comfortable playing with folks young enough to be my kids, so I passed it up.

#27332 by gbheil
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Thats too bad JW our front man is about the same age as my eldest daughter. Then again I havent been in this game as long as you.

#27340 by HowlinJ
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm
Damn Motorcycle Johnnie,

Y'all can come jam with me any ol' time! :wink:

I wouldn't hold your young age against ya! :lol:

Gran' papy Howlin'

#27355 by The_Copasetics
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:47 pm
jw123 wrote: Some of the funest people Ive played with over the years dont know what a fifth is unless its in liquid form.

hahaha. well put. :D

i agree a basic understanding of music structure is required, but most people's technical knoweldge only goes so far.

#27361 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:26 pm
If you can't figure out that that the tonic note is the 1 and a fifth is simply 5 steps up, you should just off yourself now before anyone notices that you are a simple mofo.

#27448 by gbheil
Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 pm
" BANG " :lol:
#27479 by raycparrish
Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:21 pm
I think one of the best things you can do is ask for referrals. People they have played with, Bands they have played in, etc. That is how most pros get there best gigs. No auditions. Just being refered but someone whos opinion matters.

www.tucsonbassplayer.blogspot.com