This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234960 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:31 pm
good to see ya around these parts, ted. been too long.

i'll check that out. keep the music post coming, bro. :wink:

#234963 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:30 pm
Welcome back to BM, Ted, been following your exploits on FB.

This youtube thing - if true (where is the official youtube announcement) wont' affect any non-label-signed people, from what I can see.

#234972 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:22 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Welcome back to BM, Ted, been following your exploits on FB.

This youtube thing - if true (where is the official youtube announcement) wont' affect any non-label-signed people, from what I can see.

...yet

In my opinion, it looks like YouTube is moving towards eventually charging indie labels/artists for plays on their network, like television programming.
And if my guess is correct, at some point in the future, we will be locked out by the expense.

For example, Spotify made deals with the major labels where they (labels) get kick-backs and the artists get jack. But all indie artists are required to agree to the same agreement if we want on Spotify, though we get none of that.

#234973 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:05 pm
I'm still having all kinds of problems posting here. It keeps making me log in every few minutes.

But that has kept me out of all the drama happening, which I have been watching periodically.

#234974 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 pm
If you check the 'keep me logged in' box, you still have problems posting, but you don't have to keep signing in!