This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#234665 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:13 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Me.

Talbot

Yeah ME... I read your cowardly post in life in the US. You thought I would never read it and you were safe. WRONG.
I guess you haven't noticed all the really good musicians are not posting...

BLAME IT ON GLEN!!!

Wrong.

Instead of having regulars like... Hmmm JW. Did you take the time to listen to his ( I hate the term) original songs? I thought they were excellent!!!!! Have you ever listened to the GREAT songs RATSASS posted, or Philby, or Scotty,or Haley, or Chaeya, or Dog,or Hayden, or Klugmo...
Or about another 50 or so GREAT MUSICIANS that have stopped by.

I did not mean to slight anyone by not mentioning them. Jimmy those were great recordings, You are growing. Good stuff. Glad to see post.

You, yeah you mike... Have turned this into the ME generation were you are willing to follow anyone that promises pure BULL!

#234718 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:30 am
Glen

You're right. I'm just a pu**y cat. Scared of just about everything. Particularly internet trolls who say unkind things to me.

That's why I track your movements so carefully. :wink:

Talbot

#234724 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm
brendan61 wrote:Deal by The Grateful Dead

Don't know that song, but I was listening/watching a n old version of China Cat SUnflower/I Know You Rider yesterday, that's a92) good jamming song! Fun to see fairly-young Jerry and Bob W, too (must have been Europe tour, sounded a lot like Europe 72 album).

#234739 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Glen

You're right. I'm just a pu**y cat. Scared of just about everything. Particularly internet trolls who say unkind things to me.

Talbot

TALBOT, You wrote a lot of real nasty stuff... So nasty that even MARK couldn't wait to Re-POST it. You did it behind my back you coward.

If you want to pull a GT and Follow on my every post... That's your problem!

#234744 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm
brendan61 wrote:Deal is on “Dead Set” a live album from 1981

GuitarMikeB wrote:
brendan61 wrote:Deal by The Grateful Dead

Don't know that song, but I was listening/watching a n old version of China Cat SUnflower/I Know You Rider yesterday, that's a92) good jamming song! Fun to see fairly-young Jerry and Bob W, too (must have been Europe tour, sounded a lot like Europe 72 album).

It probably was Europe 72. Those two songs are track 6 & 7 on that.

I've still got the vinyl (3-album, great for 'rolling'!) but this was a youtube video.

#234764 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:29 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Glen

Talbot

OK you can wink all you want... Now that you have gone out of your way to make your intentions clear. Even some of the others are bringing up songs.

SSSOOO... What is your favorite song to jam on?
#234834 by dave51672
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:13 am
Key to the Highway, any Neil Young, and pretty much any Sothern Rocker
70's tune. What can I say, I hang out with a bunch of old dudes.

#234850 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm
Dave

I'm one of those 'old dudes,' 8) but my problem is finding players who want to do originals and open some new doors. Even the very young ones to my surprise. Everyone wants too play 'that good old rock and roll.'

Believe me, I get that. Did it myself back in the day. And yeah, all our friends in bar bands are having fun playing those songs and folks like it.

However, I don't feel that to be my preferred audience. I see these crowds on YouTube vids (massive crowds!) that are grooving to Nightwish, Epica, Kamelot et al who are putting out a distinctly original sound. (symphonic and / or folk metal). These kids seem intelligent, fit, and they really like their music. (Nightwish has sold 17 million albums!)

I don't know what they listen to in bar bands though. If the bar bands in Europe are playing that level of stuff we are in trouble. :D

Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDALIOzXNk

I just re-read my post and it sounds amazingly pretentious :oops: but wtf eh?

Talbot
#235139 by zar535135
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:06 pm
A few songs that I enjoy jamming on...
Too Rolling Stoned - Robin Trower
Huricane - Neil Young
Red House -Jimi Hendrix ( Would do an extended jam version)
#235275 by jeff581055
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 am
Early Zepplin , Joe Walsh , James Gang!!,. Taught my son in 6th grade how to walk away with first place in his grade school talent contest .. Armed w/ his own , BC Rich, S-style ,a Mosfet Marshal ,2-12 combo. and many hours of practice. After the fluteo phone solo performed by a obvious flut o phone obsessed , clue less 11 yr old trying to emulate a civil war hem. ( weres the rap a tap tap of the marching snare ? A simple loop would a sufficed. an occasional bass beat from a well miked kettle drum may have impressed me.. Travis, my son then fought with the heavy marshall mosfett , combo, up the stairs and in center stage. nervousness and otta breath he proudly and with confedance , retrieved his S, style BC Rich ,Brite yellow, pro set up with the all mighty locking tuners and Kaler. Trem, / . Pluged it all in and . to me as cool as it gets , Cranked out his back track, , turning the mosfett knobs all to ten as he approached center stage. My 11 yr. old son belted out a near perfect, and very loud near perfect rendition of Funk #49. Joe Walsh and the James gang. . I musta been the proudest parent there. However, The little girl adorning thick glasses and questionable looks took to the stage afterward, and entertained the crowed with her sock puppet's. .. Yup, the sock puppets trumped the rock and roll. Imagine! . Any open E maj. makes for a non stop imaginative flury of endless modes , scales ? Mix and Match. I like songs I can give my own mood ,to . with out wondering what the hell key is coming up. Belive it or not , Ive zoned to Ted Nugent : " Strangle hold".. both on , Bass, " roto sound tones. and some nice 6 srings a little over driven. Pretty much a really cool E forever melody. E MJ - A -maj then back again. and agian and again.. I Jam to this to perfect my tones , bend and stretch , Love attacking my les paul , to sound like a birdland ..