This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233982 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 27, 2014 12:46 pm
Jahva wrote:
Planetguy wrote:whut......no vegetarian options?????

You Vegan PG...
My wife is... which makes me pretty damn close to one as well. :P

My wife went vegan several years ago, but realized it would be very hard to maintain, so changed to vegetarian/pescatarian (?) - she eats fish/seafood.
Most meals at our house are meat for me, fish or veggie substitute for her, and shared side dishes. going out to eat is easier (but when she was vegan it wasn't).

#233993 by Jahva
Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 pm
After watching Forks over knives a few months ago... I began changing my diet.
Not one to soapbox but it's an interesting documentary on the food industry.

#234002 by Planetguy
Tue May 27, 2014 6:12 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:Mark, I have been assigned to the Columbia VA Hospital.. if it ever comes to me being on my death bed at the hospital, I want you to come visit me.. I might just give you what few amps and guitars I have ..I know they would be going to a good home..

dayne, are you poorly? you going thru some health issues or is that reassignment to columbia just for future checkups, maintenance, and when serious things arise?

let me know the next time you're in columbia and maybe we can meet up.

#234005 by DainNobody
Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 pm
still getting around pretty good Mark, although the back and joints are not as good as I would like.. still a lot of good days, but more bad days as time passes..none of us know our demise, but if it ever came to me losing my health badly enough to need a hospital, Columbia is probably where I would wind up at..and then if I continued going downhill from there, I would be close enough to somebody that I know could get some good use out of the musical gear I have.. I was thinking about your students, and it might help a student on the poor side that did not have an instrument or amp for lesson practice .. I have no relatives that would have need for them other than to profit from the sale of my estate.. the thing is I would need my inner little man inside to tell me the end is coming Dayne, "don't forget to take your gear along on the trip to Columbia VA hospital to donate to Mark"..

#234027 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 28, 2014 1:47 pm
Dayne - keep making music , it soothes the spirit. And as Warren Zevon said, 'Enjoy every sandwich'.

#234031 by Planetguy
Wed May 28, 2014 2:09 pm
dayne, to paraphrase.... thoughts on your impending death are greatly exaggerated.

long may you run, brother! (and the rest of us too)

that's a very kind and generous offer all the same.

it reminds me of an agreement i have with my friend Val. we each own gtrs the other lusts after...and oddly enough they're BOTH Harmony's!

so, should i shuflle off the mortal coil before her, she "inherits" my '58 (Harmony made) Alden archtop.

if i'm the last standing, i get her '74 H74 thinline elec.

#234107 by J-HALEY
Fri May 30, 2014 3:41 pm
I think guitarmikeb is taking this site too seriously. I'm starting to wonder how the guy has any time at all for music? He post in EVERY thread, whines, whimpers, and snivels about everyone he dissagree's with to the mothership. Deletes peoples posts. In the beginning I thought him a good guy that just wants to help? Now his true colors are shining thru!

#234109 by Peg Lautny
Fri May 30, 2014 4:28 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I think guitarmikeb is taking this site too seriously. I'm starting to wonder how the guy has any time at all for music? He post in EVERY thread, whines, whimpers, and snivels about everyone he dissagree's with to the mothership. Deletes peoples posts. In the beginning I thought him a good guy that just wants to help? Now his true colors are shining thru!

And I wonder---Do you have one of those special keyboards that allows you to post your caveman drivel using a hammer, chisel, and stone?

#234112 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I think guitarmikeb is taking this site too seriously. I'm starting to wonder how the guy has any time at all for music? He post in EVERY thread, whines, whimpers, and snivels about everyone he dissagree's with to the mothership. Deletes peoples posts. In the beginning I thought him a good guy that just wants to help? Now his true colors are shining thru!

Jeff - PUI again? Guess your weekend started early! Whining, whimpering? You must be mistaking Glennnie's posts for mine!

#234116 by J-HALEY
Fri May 30, 2014 6:51 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

Jeff - PUI again? Guess your weekend started early! Whining, whimpering? You must be mistaking Glennnie's posts for mine!

Nope Mike, still working just like you. I'm posting that stone cold sober that doesn't say much about you does it? I have kept silent around here regarding your shenanigans. Yours is a case of narcissism run amuck bro. I'm just letting the cat out of the bag regarding my opinions of you. I wouldn't stir the pot Mr Bully you might not like what you hear. Some people get a little power and it goes to their head Geez! :lol:

#234119 by Peg Lautny
Fri May 30, 2014 7:21 pm
Let me guess, Og--your caveman in arms GlennyJ flashed the SOS Caveman Signal and faithful lap dog that you are---here you are chiming in. Good of you to take up the cause.

#234130 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 pm
Peg Lautny wrote:Let me guess, Og--your caveman in arms GlennyJ flashed the SOS Caveman Signal and faithful lap dog that you are---here you are chiming in. Good of you to take up the cause.

Didn't we just go over this a few years ago? Which Troll are you? Stringdancer?

I don't remember, but thanks for posting anyway. :lol:

#234188 by DainNobody
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:43 pm
awesome bass player Peg..

#234216 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:00 am
Peg, easy girl.. I have a keyboard that has all the note names on it with glow in the dark stickies...they hate it and razz me something fierce, but I can play it like it's a cybernetic implant doing the work..

And been a caveman before, maybe even presently.

I just don't have the "5 head".. LOL (oogg)

#234261 by Planetguy
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Peg, easy girl.. I have a keyboard that has all the note names on it with glow in the dark stickies...they hate it and razz me something fierce, but I can play it like it's a cybernetic implant doing the work..

And been a caveman before, maybe even presently.

I just don't have the "5 head".. LOL (oogg)

ya won't get any grief from me, scott. the old JENCO vibraphone i learned on (annexed from my dad) had note letters written on the bars in red fingernail polish! they were like that when he bought it from our neighbor.

it actually was a big help in learning the keyboard layout. :wink: