This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233269 by Peter McCulloch
Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 pm
Hello everyone. First time poster here though I've been on Bandmix for almost a year now.

I have received several digital audition requests over the past few months, some of which I've accepted. In most cases, I either never hear back from anyone (maybe I suck :lol:) or the status of the audition is still "pending" months later. My Bandmix page is fairly detailed, with plenty of video, audio, bio, etc.:

http://www.bandmix.com/peter499126/

I assumed that by accepting the audition the artists who sent me the audition request either specifically targeted me based on my info already, or are going to check my page out after I accept the audition. Since I am not a Premier member, I can't contact them back either. So here are my basic questions:

1. In most cases, have artists simply sent out a blanketed audition request to dozens/hundreds? of similar musicians fitting the profile based on their need (i.e. bassist, vocalist, etc) or did they specifically target me?

2. Upon accepting a request, are they expecting me to get back to them with additional info/audio, or are they then simply going to check out my page for all the info they need?

Thanks everyone.

#233271 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 07, 2014 1:22 pm
I think you're right - some people send out 'blanket audition' requests. I've received a few, accepted a ocuple, never heard any more.

#233297 by MikeTalbot
Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 am
I've accepted several and never hear back from anyone.

I'm not even clear on just what a 'digital audition' is. Does someone want to count my fingers? 8)

Talbot