This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232735 by Jahva
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 am
Lol Andree... It's as bad as the ones who check that they play every instrument.
Welcome to Bandmix! :P

#232737 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:30 pm
Well at least you have a couple of tunes in your MP3 player. But no details on what you are looking for, what your experience is or how to contact you off of bandmix!
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#232749 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:07 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Well at least you have a ocuple of tunes in your MP3 player. But no details on what you are looking for, what your experience is or how to contact you off of bandmix!

that.

a vclst looking for a band w no sound clips or video avail is no more ridiculous to me than any other musician playing whatever instrument not making some samples available.

music (when it involves more than one person) is like every other endeavor in life....success at getting things done depends hugely on communication. the better everyone involved is at communicating...the quicker and more efficiently things get accomplished. :wink:

welcome to bm.

#232752 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 pm
The inability to commmunicate clearly in written and verbal form surely relates to how well you can do in a band situation, no?

I auditioned a guy on Friday night, seemed like a possible match for what I've been looking for. We only played a few songs but talked quite a bit. As we were winding up, I suggested he go over the song list I sent (twice) and pick out 10-20 songs that we could try out together next time, and that he should list 10 songs he can sing that I will work on. He then admits he couldn't open the (excel) files I sent. Hey, no sweat, I gave him a printout I had with me. Here it is 4 days later, no email back from him ... I'm running the OM tomorrow night, going to a Jon Anderson solo show Thursday night ... no time for me to do any work on songs before Friday ... :roll: I guess I'll be renewing my CL ads again ...

#233181 by andree506548
Sun May 04, 2014 6:22 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Well at least you have a ocuple of tunes in your MP3 player. But no details on what you are looking for, what your experience is or how to contact you off of bandmix!

Since I am not looking for anything right now Mike that sounds right to me.

The other peeve I have is no location in the post, telling me you are looking for a guitar player and not listing what town or at least state is just annoying.
#233232 by beth1002634
Tue May 06, 2014 9:24 am
andree506548 wrote:REALLY? YOU ARE ON BAND MIX ATTEMPTING TO HOOK UP WITH A BAND AND YOU HAVE NO SOUND CLIPS REALLY ?

I loaded two demo clips, but they won't show up on my profile, at least for me. Maybe others can see them, maybe I have to pay for an 'upgrade' so someone can hear me, but honestly, until you hear someone on an actual mic, in front of you, with no autotune, no bullshit effects, do you really even know what you're getting? It's like dating online, sometimes the people and their profiles don't match up. I can play keys, but I can't sing and play at the same time, and since my voice is my magic, I stick to that. If you like what someone writes and you're practicing anyway, why not just tell them to drop by and hear the real person. You're not out anything...we did that when we auditioned drummers, some of the biggest talkers were the shittiest players...or worse yet, didn't even have a decent kit. So, I'll happily send you a demo or two, but to really audition me or any other singer, you best do it in person.
Beth
Bethkfarmer@aol

#233235 by GuitarMikeB
Tue May 06, 2014 12:40 pm
Beth - not sure why you are having problems loading your audio samples onto the BM player. Make sure they are MP3, and there is a file size limit if you are not a premium member.
While I agree with you regarding 'live auditions' are the only real way to judge someone, I disagree regarding the need for audio samples. These days there are tons of people claiming to be good players/singers who have little to no experience and sometimes ability either. It also helps, when you are searching for others, to hear a sample to get the general idea if the styles are compatible with what you are looking to do.

#233240 by Planetguy
Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 pm
what mike said.

while hearing something good on a profile page that fits in w what the auditioning band is looking for is no guarantee that there's going to be a perfect fit.....hearing something that's a red flag can save all parties some time.

sorry, but these days when checking out a band, a musician, or a singer.....as easy as it is to have audio recordings and video....if someone doesn't have ANYTHING available for me to check out I'll be taking a pass.

now, you might not agree w that line of thinking...but keep in mind that there are many that feel the same way.

good luck and welcome to BM.