This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233156 by ratsass
Fri May 02, 2014 1:50 pm
Hey, everybody...old and new...
Haven't been on here in a while and had thought it still had my old e-mail address and I couldn't log in, but I was WRONG!!! Just had to reset my password and, BAM!, here I am. It's like starting all over again instead of just taking up where I left off, but I'll get it figured out in due time. Uploaded a live version of my band, Rat Sass, doing Comfortably Numb that I recorded using my Presonus 16.0.1 mixer and my laptop, and then remixing it on my studio computer. Thinking about offering my services to go out and record bands playing live and then mixing them a good live demo. I could either carry my full PA and run sound for them while doing the recording, or just my mixer, laptop and a splitter snake. I'm no businessman so I'd like your input on pricing. What would you expect to pay for a soundman, system, and live recording for one of your shows, and what would you expect to pay for just a recording service with you supplying the PA and soundman? This is just to get a ballpark idea so be kind and not chintzy!!! :)
Remember, for every hour of recording, there is probably about 3 hours of mixing and editing just to get a really good demo, so a 4 hour gig would be about 15 or 16 hours at least of work for me.
Thanks to all.

#233159 by neanderpaul
Fri May 02, 2014 7:37 pm
Hey! :D

#233160 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 pm
Well this place has gone to hell in a hand basket since you decided facebook was more important. You missed much, but most of it was BS anyway.

I posted your old "challenge" backing track on my page. Remember that?
(aint it love)
I guess most of all I miss your Tractor stories and such. Your common sense and the easy way you teach everyone to have fun.

I don't like face book... But it sure is good as gold to hear from you here!!!!!!

:D

#233167 by J-HALEY
Sat May 03, 2014 8:59 am
Hey Jeff good to see you back! How are things in Arkansas? You get control of your lawnmower yet? Growing those lawn rocks can be treacherous! I listened to your songs on fb sounding good Bro! Keep on rockin in the free world! :D