This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#233118 by rlkinthebandmix
Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 am
I am a Client of TuneCore...‏
Actions

Robert Lee Kumpf
4/30/14
To: [email protected]

Hello.

I’m involved in the sale of albums of music through internet retail. My music is available in the United Kingdom. My name is Robert Lee Kumpf.
Current intellectual property law in the United States of America states copyright ownership is automatic for an author of work.
I think these Royal Command Performances are somewhat questionable. They put photos of tattooed gentlemen holding six-strings on stage. They rant about “The British Empire!” I can’t say any of these images match the work contained in the sound recording, poetically. These images simply don’t belong in global-media!
I fear for many American students of Fine and Performing Arts. They seem to not be immune from these acts of terrorism. America was “colonized” by Great Britain circa 1776. And, the threat of “British Nationalism” still affects all of our lives today.
I would like to regularly fly British Airways, to get around the world. But, sales have been slow to start. And, I’m far too Yankee. Yankee is another word for American. I flew your airline to Frankfurt, when I was an exchange student.
“Yankee Doodle went to London, just to ride the ponies! I am a Yankee Doodle Boy!” I quote from an American patriotic anthem.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Robert Lee Kumpf

http://www.facebook.com/rlkumpf
http://www.twitter.com/RLKumpf

Sent from Windows Mail
Last edited by rlkinthebandmix on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

#233130 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 01, 2014 1:08 pm
What? :?:

If you want to protect your released/published music in the US, do a real copyright which will hold up in a court of law. http://www.copyright.gov/
It's $35 to do a whole album worth of material (or just one song) and you submit electronically.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Thu May 01, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#233133 by VinnyViolin
Thu May 01, 2014 2:26 pm
Veddy interesting ..... most people who write posts like that, usually sell either Gift Hampers or Wristwatches. :lol:

#233460 by DainNobody
Mon May 12, 2014 3:04 pm
one of the most fascinating posts here.. but a Yankee is not an American in general. it is somebody from New England and is generally considered a derogatory remark uttered by Texans and other Southerners.. those feelings of what Sherman did on his destruction of the South are not easily forgiven..but who can disagree that Ft. Sumter South Carolina did start the cannon volleys ????????????

#233465 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 12, 2014 5:29 pm
Yankees are from New York - any Red Sox-loving New Englander will tell you that! :wink:

#233476 by MikeTalbot
Mon May 12, 2014 10:57 pm
I've done a lot of thinking about what makes a yankee. I don't think it's just regional anymore.

It is true that New England is home to many of them but not all, things do change...

To me, a 'yankee' is some scoundrel that wants to tell me how to live my life - also known as 'statists,' 'do-gooders,' and sons of bitches! Since I live in GA I realize that they will burn my house down if I annoy them so I don't take it lightly.

But I've come to realize that they're lots of good rebels living up North!

Talbot

#233479 by Jahva
Mon May 12, 2014 11:37 pm
Back in the ol days the Dutch were known for their diet of cheese, which in their own language is Kaas The Christian name Jan tied to the word Kaas, or JanKaas, pronounced "yan-kas", was a derogatory English reference to the Dutch who settled New York.
It was slang for the original Cheese-Heads! :P