This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#230432 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 pm
Would someone really pay a quarter million bucks for ANY guitar? Maybe some collector, but certainly not some working stiff player like we have here on BM. 8) Good luck.
When I saw your name, I first thought of Steppenwolf's singer/guitarist, but I don't think he has the 'e' on the end of his name.

#230435 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm
BWHAHAAAAAAA

"It doesn't play itself.."

#231803 by Steve569206
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 pm
Just curious if this is the same guitar that Sam Ash had on display in the old Manny's shop in NYC about three years ago. I must have spent a good half hour examining it through the glass.
#236203 by johnkaye
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:00 pm
The filthy rich and famous!
Thanks for your post Mike B. The original unofficial MKStrat recently brought an offer of 300k but sale was pulled by the owner. It's in L.A.
I was born with the name John Kaye. You're right! John Kay is the correct name of the Steppenwolf Band. I have John Kaye & Steppenwolf Tribute "Psychedelic Review" We do 1 set of Steppenwolfs Biggest Hits and covers of that era. My band are all Pro sidemen. Oddly enough, I've been inducted into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in Vegas and Steppenwolf hasn't been inducted in any. I started a protest on Causes and Facebook to have the original members inducted into the RRHOF in Cleveland for 2015. We'll see what happens!
Search us in google. I also have John Kaye & The Overlords original/ Classic Rock cover band currently in the studio.

GuitarMikeB wrote:Would someone really pay a quarter million bucks for ANY guitar? Maybe some collector, but certainly not some working stiff player like we have here on BM. 8) Good luck.
When I saw your name, I first thought of Steppenwolf's singer/guitarist, but I don't think he has the 'e' on the end of his name.
#236205 by johnkaye
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:22 pm
There's only 1 Official Mary Kaye Strat. The one we're selling. This is the one owned and played by Mary Kaye that was given to her by Fender in 2002. Serial #MK001
It was made special for her. The original hand wound pick ups by the woman who made them in the 50's. The same paint formula used from that era. The see-through cellulose blonde Swamp Ash finish. The difference with this particular Strat is the #5 Tiger Striped Maple neck, it's lighter than all other Strats, and the neck plate reads "To Mary Kaye From Your Friends At Fender" All others are custom Strats that the general public call Mary Kaye Strats or the Tribute Strats that were created from 2005 on when she received her official Endorsement from Fender Guitars to commemorate the Stratocasters 50th Anniversary at the 2005 NAMM Show in Anaheim. It's in their 2005 Frontline Magazine with a huge article about The Strat and The Mary Kaye Trio "Pioneers Of The Las Vegas Lounge Scene"

steve569206 wrote:Just curious if this is the same guitar that Sam Ash had on display in the old Manny's shop in NYC about three years ago. I must have spent a good half hour examining it through the glass.
#236216 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:32 pm
The Cleveland R&RHoF has become somewhat of a joke to those in the know - the list of inductees over the last few years had included any number of people/bands that DO NOT make rock and roll music, yet many 'classic rock' artists have never been nominated. Jan Wenner (Rolling Stone/Rock Hall) is the reason behind it all, of course.
#236837 by Starfish Scott
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:29 am
If you ever had the chance to play a "custom shop strat", go for it.

You'll be genuinely upset because they basically suck.
If you know what kind of neck you like, with what pickups you like, buy that.
It will sound the same, play the same and save you in the neighborhood of 2K, which you will immediately regret should you be dumb enough to buy a custom shop strat.

I'd say get a MIJ setup, slim-v neck (7.25"), pickups you like and you are about set.

I just compared the 160$ MIJ 57 strat I bought via craigslist against the custom shop strat of similar design.
I thought my MIJ was MUCH BETTER than the custom shop dawg of a guitar. The price is only the last slap in the face.