This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#219191 by john539382
Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 am
Definitely The Moody Blues, hands down!

#219639 by TheMobiusStrips
Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 am
Robert Schneider from the Apples in Stereo. I'm friends with him on facebook and he let me interview him for a school project even though he was busy studying for his grad school finals. He gave me a lot of good advice.

#219657 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm
TheMobiusStrips wrote:Robert Schneider from the Apples in Stereo. I'm friends with him on facebook and he let me interview him for a school project even though he was busy studying for his grad school finals. He gave me a lot of good advice.

That video on your page gave me stomach cancer just listening to that slop.

#219846 by zar535135
Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm
Without a doubt...The Beatles. I played Sgt. Peppers album over and over so much I dug grooves in it. The Id say KISS..not a big stretch as musicians, but I got caught up in the whole spectacle. Those would be my top 2...Then Id say Zeppelin,AC/DC,Black Sabbath among others

#220269 by SCReams
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 am
Mark Knopfler for guitar
Perry Como for vocals
Sons of the Pioneers for a group
#224057 by soul-funk-drummer
Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:43 pm
Hello. Just moved to the area. Does anyone know where to get plugged in to some soul/funk/gritty music in Bellingham? I'm a drummer and have played a bit of everything, and really wanting to play funk. Though I'm open.

#226805 by Ballistic J
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:05 am
Corrosion Of Conformity.

#226909 by MrSickboy50
Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 am
Oh, TOTALLY Social Distortion, Elvis Presley, and Bob Seger! Without a doubt! 8)

#227522 by GuitarReaper
Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:40 pm
Without any doubt Chevelle. Joe/Dean bass lines are great,Sam drumming is one of the best drummings I ever listened and Pete (wich is the one who most inspired me) vocal and guitar habilities are stunning.
#227855 by bradleylove322
Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:24 am
Without question my biggest musical influence has to be Little Feat. They ran the musical gamut. Lowell George was a genius. They were and continue to be underestimated and unappreciated given their musical prowess. One of the all time greats.

#229307 by Telecasting
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:13 pm
Led Zeppelin have been my biggest musical influence.
I heard Physical Graffiti one summer afternoon when I was 13 and my world changed. Within the same year I had saved everything I could earn and bought a Les Paul copy and a Marshall Amp.
That opened the door to Rock Music for me and Jimmy Page is still one of my all time favourite guitarists.

#229308 by Deadguitars
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:25 pm
Telecasting wrote:Led Zeppelin have been my biggest musical influence.
I heard Physical Graffiti one summer afternoon when I was 13 and my world changed. Within the same year I had saved everything I could earn and bought a Les Paul copy and a Marshall Amp.
That opened the door to Rock Music for me and Jimmy Page is still one of my all time favourite guitarists.

Best guitar tones in rock - and Im not a Gibson or a Marshall fan , either - but they are that good
Yeah he used many diff amps and guitars .....
So Telecasting - are you a Tele guy ?

What I dont get about Page
Dude - get a backing band of All Stars and do a tour !
Some of that Black Crowes collab stuff was excellent ....
I would love to see Page

#229319 by Telecasting
Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 pm
Hi Dead

Yes I've been playing Telecasters for pretty much 10 years now. Before that I used to use a Strat and a Les Paul. I just bought a new Telecaster yesterday, a Modern Player model which has a coil tapped humbucker in the bridge and a Strat middle pickup so it still feels like a Tele but can sound like a Les Paul, a Tele and a Strat. It's a far cry from the traditional '52 Style Tele's I would normally play but it's a really cool guitar and I am blown away by the different tones I can get from it. I'm running it through a Vox AC4 right now and very soon, God willing, an AC30.

The thing that makes Jimmy Page so amazing to me is his diversity. I still try (and fail) to play 'White Summer / Black Mountain Side' and it just blows my mind every time. I also think his musicianship alongside the bass player John Paul Jones is one of those musical partnerships that just works. The way they play off each other is what makes the music really work for me.
Page plays in a way that's very similar to David Gilmour. It's blues based and each phrase is not terribly complicated but it's wonderfully arranged and put together seamlessly, phrased perfectly and played loud. I guess when i'm having any kind of crisis with my playing or my faith in my own ability, I go back to Zeppelin and Floyd, looking for the same inspiration I got back in the 80's.

#229486 by lin572035
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 am
Without a moment's hesitation THE BEATLES. All music I hear I measure against THE BEATLES and because my tastes are very diverse, I often hear hints of BEATLES influence. Jimi Hendrix should be noted in that it's almost expected that I hear his influence as well, across the board. Guitarists I've experienced all hint at Jimi especially when the blues are played. There are too many to name. But I'm risking in this forum to also add JS Bach as a major influence.