This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#229303 by WarP1G
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm
I am a life long addict of music. Started playing guitar at age 13 (took 6 months of lessons) started playing bass when i was 19, joined a band a couple years later, and been with those guys ever since. I live in Evansville, Indiana but am born and raised in Indianapolis having spent the first 31 years of my life there and would love to get back there again someday.

I play mainly bass, but do pick up a guitar when i have a song idea i need to work out. I do not read music and never learned, but the guys in the band call me a human tape recorder because i have a tendency to learn just about any song in about an hour or less and if i can't play it correctly i refuse to do the song injustice by just throwing something in that doesn't belong just cause i can't learn it the way it was written.

Steve
bassist - Suspicion Denied 1994-current
#230063 by DirtyMartini
Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:49 am
Hi: I'm a guitarist, mostly blues, but I'm most famous as a writer...really, I'm most known for one poem which is the most used 9/11 in the world btw...here's a video interview of me that appeared on Gannett news sites Sept. 2013...
http://www.mycentraljersey.com/VideoNetwork/2662770291001/We-Shall-Never-Forget-9-11-Tribute-Poem-

The poem has been used extensively around the world in ceremonies, this will give you some clue...
http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/yaf_postst538_My-911-Tribute-poem-has-been-in-print-at-least-fourteen-times-in-2011.aspx

I write songs too...and have a book of my own, as well as having stuff published in quite a few places...my Amazon page will give you some idea...
http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Jankowski/e/B0084J97OE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_7

I'm always glad to hear from other musicians and writers with interesting ideas...

Cheers,
Alan.
#234773 by vincent1003459
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:00 pm
I am not sure if I am too new to music and to the Saxophone to be a member on this site. I say that , because I have only been playing the Saxophone now for maybe 5 months. I am older in life, and always wanted to play the saxophone. and Love it. And I just do not want to play at home. Hopefully I can play in my Church band, for family and friends and..... (Who knows. Vinny
#234774 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:34 pm
vincent1003459 wrote:I am not sure if I am too new to music and to the Saxophone to be a member on this site. I say that , because I have only been playing the Saxophone now for maybe 5 months. I am older in life, and always wanted to play the saxophone. and Love it. And I just do not want to play at home. Hopefully I can play in my Church band, for family and friends and..... (Who knows. Vinny

All levels of musical experience are welcome at BandMix. You may find some of the people posting on the forums look down on those with less experience, but don't let that get to you. One thing you must develop, as a musician, is a thick skin. :D
#234782 by russellclarke
Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:44 pm
Not sure I want to put up any music on BandMix after reading the terms & conditions:

"By posting Content to any public area of BandMix.com, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to BandMix.com an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing."

Sounds like I'm totally giving away rights to my music. Am I missing something :?:
#235164 by dimarzsiao
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:29 pm
Hi! I'm Fred.
I'm new here. I'm from the Philippines, just moved last January here in Renton, WA
Been playing guitar for about 20 years now.
I used to play with a band back home... sample song
-presently a bedroom guitarist
#235167 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 pm
That's a pretty good tune - moves right along. Just a suggestion but I'd mix the vox up a bit higher.

Did you play all the instruments?

Welcome

Talbot
#235312 by -X-
Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 pm
Hey, I'm obviously new here. Hello to all
#235496 by Skitsomunkey
Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:18 pm
Hi. I'm Kevin.

I've been drumming for a little over a year here in Central Kansas and trying to get a band started.

Have a guitarist and just recently found a vocalist. Still need a bass player.

Its hard to describe the music we make, but as soon as I can figure out how to get a decent recording on a very low budget, I'm going to upload some stuff and let our music speak for itself. "Rock" is the closest definition, I think.

So... uh... Yeah. Bye, I guess?
#235497 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 am
Get it done brother.

You can use the search features on this site to help find a bass player.

Talbot
#235510 by Skitsomunkey
Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 pm
Been searching this site, Musicianswanted, Craigslist... Nothing yet. But I'm not gonna give up.