This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#229110 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm
is this not one of the dumbest questions you ever heard? everybody has to serve somebody, I heard Dylan say that on "Gotta Serve Somebody"? ..some of you can do no better than changing out boilers, but do the best job you can do.. perfection can be accomplished even when raking a yard..

#229115 by Planetguy
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 pm
dane, i just saw a Sopranos episode from season two that used that tune! as always, david chase showed he had a knack for always making good choices when it came to music.

too bad the yahoo obsessed with where i work can't make better choices.

mine ain't always the best either, mind you. but i'm now choosing to limit my contact w anyone who would make up a story.... bragging about getting some liberal fired.

and then when called out about why he thinks that's anything to brag about.....concocts as his excuse some story about how he saved his 12 yr old daughter from being molested by the evil liberal. (as if any of this BS even happened)

i still taste a little bile from when i threw up in my mouth a little having to read that classless presentation. what total douchebagger behavior.

glen, i'd say it's time for a good long look in the mirror when you start trying win a range war on a mssgbrd by fabricating BS about your whether your daughter was molested or not. then again...that's just how I look at things.

no doubt.... i'm sure your daughter would feel very proud of you too.

that said.... no, i will NOT be sharing where i work. thank you very much.

REALLY?

who needs YOU showing up in your star spangled flasher raincoat? or worse?

#229116 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:31 pm
he sure has been harping on the "do you have a job" option.. but I don't see what the point of that is? there are many billionaires without jobs that live off unearned passive income, sitting on their asses all day, but if you or I are a jobless person.. then are we scum?

#229118 by Planetguy
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:49 pm
i don't why... but it's clear glen's developed an obsessive and unhealthy fascination about where i work.

besides that being a little creepy...as i explained to him before (several times now) i don't share my personal info (such as where i work) w anyone who i believe to be of dishonest character, who lacks integrity, and who's shown they likely have a screw or two loose.

and certainly... i wouldn't share personal info w anyone who just bragged about getting some liberal fired.

GLENNY J wrote: a guidance counselor that was having a problem with my defiant daughter of 12 years. The only problem was he was doing the same liberal commie dance you do so well.

So I wrote a song, when I couldn't get a straight answer from him.

Then I got him fired for the slanderous and libelous actions he was attempting take as a petty little person. :lol:

he's clearly demonstrated that messing w someone's employment isn't below him.

perhaps he'll share...hey glen, why did you get him fired? because he was as you say "a petty little person"???

#229124 by J-HALEY
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm
IMO everyone should have a job. the way I see it is there are givers and takers in this world. If your not working (contributing) to society you are a taker in one way or another.
Mark, I think Glens problem with you. Is you don't work and yet tell other folks how they should be in society. That they should give, while if you are not working that in itself is kind of hypocritical. You know I consider you a friend regardless of your employment status. :P

#229126 by Jahva
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:43 pm
Huh.... :roll: I do recall reading several posts where PG says he gives musical/instrument lessons and plays in several bands. Sounds like a pretty good gig/job to me.

#229128 by Planetguy
Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 am
J-HALEY wrote:IMO everyone should have a job. the way I see it is there are givers and takers in this world. If your not working (contributing) to society you are a taker in one way or another.
Mark, I think Glens problem with you. Is you don't work and yet tell other folks how they should be in society. That they should give, while if you are not working that in itself is kind of hypocritical. You know I consider you a friend regardless of your employment status. :P

and i ask you, jeff....WHO says i DON'T work? and why would you give that notion even a moment's consideration????

as it happens i do work...i earn money and have always paid my share of taxes.

sadly it seems you might have had some doubts about that...

...and for that you have glenny and his dishonest ways to thank.

the irony is how he likes to complain about libs repeating a lie or half truth often enough til eventually someone will start to believe it.

that's what liars do...they complain about behavior in others that they themselves are guilty of.

for the record....back atcha. i consider you a friend too, jeff.

#229129 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:36 am
Jahva I do recall that. That was a very kind thing to point out. If you can make a living doing that COOL. Why would you be ashamed to bring that up. Of all the musicians, I know, trying to make a living playing and teaching is very difficult. YOD is the only person up here that has his gig together enough to PROSPER. He wouldn't cut it financially in NEW YORK. I am very strong in using the word PROSPER not SURVIVE. Liberal taxes have reached the point where they are out of control. The wealthy are fleeing. The poor have elected a governor and senators that are living off promises of MORE FREE STUFF.

I just find it funny that before I see any profit, I have to turn almost 100 thousand dollars in overhead, insurance, property tax, governmental compliance, This list goes on forever. Quite a bit different than setting up 2 chairs in a studio and giving a lesson, or even putting together a one night gig. YOD WILL TELL YOU. mark wouldn't even do that, so he must have a sugar mama.

Yes I don't like marks politics. I don't like his bitter attacks against people like CRIP. I don't like him! He doesn't get me angry, I will never change his attitude...

But because he is so arrogant, I will piss him off as much as he wants.

:lol:

#229130 by Planetguy
Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:51 am
yeah...I'M the one w "anger issues" :roll:

and still you keep showing whatta straight shooter you are. :roll:

GLENNY J wrote: a guidance counselor that was having a problem with my defiant daughter of 12 years. The only problem was he was doing the same liberal commie dance you do so well.

So I wrote a song, when I couldn't get a straight answer from him.

Then I got him fired for the slanderous and libelous actions he was attempting take as a petty little person. :lol:

now i'll ask YOU AGAIN...... why did you get him fired?

c'mon glen there's a simple enough question for ya.....you the kinda guy that messes w a guy's job if you don't like their politics?

(cue the liar to go off topic again....perhaps w an Obama rant this time?)

#229131 by Jahva
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 am
Party on gentlemen. Just bring a six pack and your gits for the after-party! :P

#229132 by J-HALEY
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:09 am
Planetguy wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:IMO everyone should have a job. the way I see it is there are givers and takers in this world. If your not working (contributing) to society you are a taker in one way or another.

and i ask you, jeff....WHO says i DON'T work? and why would you give that notion even a moment's consideration????

as it happens i do work...i earn money and have always paid my share of taxes.

sadly it seems you might have had some doubts about that...

...and for that you have glenny and his dishonest ways to thank.

the irony is how he likes to complain about libs repeating a lie or half truth often enough til eventually someone will start to believe it.

that's what liars do...they complain about behavior in others that they themselves are guilty of.

for the record....back atcha. i consider you a friend too, jeff.

Sorry if I insulted you Mark that was not my intention. You said you don't have a job that is what I have to go by. I always assumed you to be a professional musician. Nothing in the world wrong with that. You had commented on Glennys thoughts of you and I was just commenting from his perspective that's all.

#229134 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:49 am
Don't apologize Jeff. The guy just believes it is God's will that, people that exploit their own talents and hard work... Should support people that don't.

That is called sharing, charity, supporting the worthy. I have always been in support of some one that needs help... BUT NOT WHEN IT IS MANDATED THROUGH GOVERNMENTAL TAXATION.

In other words I would help a young woman at the very most end of her wits seeking an abortion, but I can not support a progressive government that enforces taxation to pay for something that has no involvement with me and could have been resolved instead with the true under pinnings of FREEDOM...

TREMENDOUS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Now getting back to mark that was 2001. He screwed up big time and was finally let go in 2003. So what is your big deal? You just went after Jeff just like you go after anyone that questions your superiority.

Sorry mark, you are just one sorry person. I have 500 families that count on me for for something very important in 10 degree temps. HEAT.
I'm being nice now and I have NO problem sharing any of my personal perspective and life with some of the people up here.

You seem to have a big problem with that. What you just did to Jeff shows who you are. If you worked for me, I would have to pull a Trump... You're fired.

Oh... You wanted an obama thing... He is a traitor to the constitution... JUST LIKE YOU!

#229135 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:49 am
Mark

I don't care if you work or not. Hardly my business. However, if you are pulling off not working more power to you.

I've known a lot of musicians who keep the wolves from the door by playing inn several outfits, working in music stores, giving lessons etc.

the olther alternative of course is the 'road.' If you are good enough and willing to travel a good bit of your life - you can make a living playing.

Ain't it funny though - that 'not working' seems to involve so much work! :D

Talbot

#229136 by Hayden King
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 am
a job? F**k that!
I'm a musician. We don't work. We play ;)

#229139 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 am
Hayden King wrote:a job? F**k that!
I'm a musician. We don't work. We play ;)