I've just renewed my subscription, but had forgotten about some of the things I don't like about Bandmix and am discovering others - I'm slightly regretting forking out. In no particular order:
1. I think it's far too expensive now.
2. Profile pics are all missing since last night.
3. You don't seem to be keeping us advised of problems. You have a forum - [but - Ed.] you haven't posted announcements for some time [last posting June 2010!!! - Ed.]. This is the perfect place to show your customers that you actually care about them!
4. Paying to be a featured artist is a bit rich - you only show two on the home page, so not much chance of appearing there!
5. I followed the instructions in an email from you for turning off automatic renewals (which I only read by chance - there was no clear statement of this intent!) but can't see it anywhere. Not impressed.
6. The search facility is very clunky. I won't go into specifics... I think it's the job of your IT department to do the necessary research and make this work for your customers.
7. As (I guess) a US based company, the UK locations ('Browse local musicians and bands in the United Kingdom') don't make a lot of sense and the layout is very basic and certainly not user friendly.
8. (This is a problem I don't remember in the past) There's a tendency for the listings generated after a search to fail after viewing a few pages. Error message generated and no way to get back to the listing.
All in all the feeling is that you don't really care about anything other than raking in subscriptions, including those that you receive due to an oversight on the part of those who don't realise the default is for automatic renewals.
Your comments would be appreciated.
I think I've forgotten other gripes - perhaps you can add to those above? Am I being unfair?