This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#227485 by Lynard Dylan
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:15 pm
Yet Paul, you refuse to learn from the masters, so you are doomed to make the same mistakes.

#227608 by neanderpaul
Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:45 am
What masters? What specifically do I refuse to learn?

#227658 by Lynard Dylan
Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:07 pm
The masters such as Bach and Handel or anyone who can read standard notation. You Paul more than most on here would benefit from learning the ins and outs of music from the masters. Music theory has survived and been handed down for the last 500 years or so.

You can't be music, when you refuse to learn what every music student who attends college knows, interval relationships. Every major college in the world teaches this, and most private piano teachers.

I think your a really good player, but knowing how music works, by studying the past masters will bring your talent to another level. When u can read music you can take a lesson right from the hand of Bach, or any master that you choose to learn from. It's hard to do, but lifes hard, it'll put you on another playing level.

Ihope you take this in the spirit it was given, but I don't communicate well, and don't have time for musicians who sit satisfied with their own playing skills.

Like or Dislike me it's not for me to decide.

#227674 by Starfish Scott
Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:13 pm
Damn if you insult everyone in here, who's left? lol

I think I am to call you "Fireball", Lynard.

I bet you are fun when you really get a goin'.

#227968 by julioxkingbeat
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm
The best device I've found for learning to sing on key is call Hearfones. Read about it at www.hearfones.com
I bought a pair about 6 months ago and have really noticed a difference. They basically block out about 1/2 of the outside sound (coming from the music) and increase (or isolate) the sound of your voice about 200%, so you can hear what you're singing about 4 times louder than normal. I don't have anything to do with the company, just ran across them when I was trying to learn to sing better.

#227979 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Mr Scott I'm the same in person, not like Dane who is 6' 5" and scared of his own shadow, I never backdown, and when I get knocked down, I get back up, and come looking for some more.
Vengeance is mine saith Lynard.

#227984 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 pm
julioxkingbeat wrote:The best device I've found for learning to sing on key is call Hearfones. Read about it at www.hearfones.com
I bought a pair about 6 months ago and have really noticed a difference. They basically block out about 1/2 of the outside sound (coming from the music) and increase (or isolate) the sound of your voice about 200%, so you can hear what you're singing about 4 times louder than normal. I don't have anything to do with the company, just ran across them when I was trying to learn to sing better.

I know most guys here don't follow links from spammers, but you guys have to take a look at these things! Cheap plastic headphones (3/4" band foam cups) with no transducer, instead a clear plastic 'scoop' attached to ear cup that runs beside your jaw to 'pcik up' the sound from your voice. Click on the "Meet one happy HearFones® user" page! Just $43!!

#227991 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:Mr Scott I'm the same in person, not like Dane who is 6' 5" and scared of his own shadow, I never backdown, and when I get knocked down, I get back up, and come looking for some more.
Vengeance is mine saith Lynard.

Dane can be a bit of a turd, but so can you and so can I.

Can't you just ignore him a little?

I got a few folks I try to ignore as well and they do the same for me.
We don't need no, "showdown at high noon"/ lol

And yeah depending on how Dane is feeling, he's mouthy.
SSDD.

You just take it for what it is..

#228103 by Shawn Sun
Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm
if YOU HAD SUNG IT STRAIT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. bLUES RIFFING VOCAL STYLE TO SUCH A CLASSIC DON'T WORK FOR ME. eSPECIALLY arguably THE BEST TUNE EVER WRITTEN. Somewhere over the rainbow

#228107 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 pm
Mike - I'm wondering about those HearPhones - checked the site looks ok.

I have a hearing problem (volume induced) in my left ear - seems to get overloaded easily by background noise, chatter etc. Would this gadget filter that out? Could you tell?

thanks
Talbot

#228120 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Mike - I'm wondering about those HearPhones - checked the site looks ok.

I have a hearing problem (volume induced) in my left ear - seems to get overloaded easily by background noise, chatter etc. Would this gadget filter that out? Could you tell?

thanks
Talbot

You'd do better with a custom set of earplugs which would reduce the lower volume background stuff.
Did you look at the 'hearphones'? - just plastic cups 'directing' your voice to your ears.