This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#195971 by aj493070
Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm
I am AJ Mc Intyre 88005 zip code. Challenge? It is very hard to be placed in a band or a start up it appears???? I have audio for people to listen to on bandmix. I have been fortunate to play in some great venues. I have even recorded out of Nashville.

But, locally and state side, I am having a tremendous time getting anyone to contact me, even after contacting them. Any answers out there. I am speechless at this point. Please advise. Hey, I thank you all for your support and answers.javascript:emoticon(':)')

#195975 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm
No easy answer - keep doing what you are doing, join reverbnation and check out all the other local musicians//bands listed there, advertise on CraigsList. Go to open mics, go talk to bands playing nearby ...

It ain't easy ...
#196081 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 am
aj493070 wrote:I am AJ Mc Intyre 88005 zip code. Challenge? It is very hard to be placed in a band or a start up it appears???? I have audio for people to listen to on bandmix. I have been fortunate to play in some great venues. I have even recorded out of Nashville.

But, locally and state side, I am having a tremendous time getting anyone to contact me, even after contacting them. Any answers out there. I am speechless at this point. Please advise. Hey, I thank you all for your support and answers.javascript:emoticon(':)')

your options are limited by being in Las Cruces, of course...

There's a pretty good singer/songwriter guitarist in El Paso, looking for a band I heard.

#196310 by deepfriedcountry
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 pm
The way I found most of the people I've played with, I found or they found me while I was performing a show. Some worked out for awhile, some didn't even show up to rehearse. But I've had most of my success from playing solo. I just got back from Trashville myself. It's no better there. I've proffessionally performed Southern Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Rock-a-billy, Christian, and Country and even that gay bar crap they peddle as Country these days. No matter the genre or geography it's the same. Get out and make some noise even if ya gotta do it all alone.
~Buck Wylde~
#198037 by Cat Style
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:11 am
aj493070 wrote:I am AJ Mc Intyre 88005 zip code. Challenge? It is very hard to be placed in a band or a start up it appears???? I have audio for people to listen to on bandmix. I have been fortunate to play in some great venues. I have even recorded out of Nashville.

:roll: You sound like an experienced vocalist! Just keep on keepin" on. Don't ever give up on living your dreams. Be free go for it. With the Lord anything is possible! Even here in the Southwest. Make sweet music my friend. You have what it takes. :roll:

#226393 by Joe Weidner
Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:54 am
I've been trying to "re-connect" with AJ for quite some time. Last I heard "he" {or you} had relocated to the Las Cruces area...as he/you contacted me from there almost a year back now I guess it would be time-wise, and said he was coming over to visit, and NEVER SHOWED UP.

If he was available and interested, he could walk in the door tonight and be a PERMANENT MEMBER tomorrow.

We peform "regularly" with what we have...sometimes a 6-piece and sometimes a 4 piece. If we had to do a trio to continue we would. But if given the choice we would rather perform as a 5-6 piece. {Very difficult to pull off 4-part "harmony" with a TRIO. Ha}

We produced a fairly good sound on our CD with the 4 musicians we had at the time. But now we are down to 3. The other fellow can only fill-in from time-to-time and we need FULL TIME as we have had to turn down gigs based on the CD that we can't promote now, because we don't have access to a Rhythm Guitar, and a vocalist with that same "range". With the right people we could "easily work" 3-4 weekends a month!

Yeah...I'm posting this to AJ McINTYRE, but also as a 'plee' to any musician OUT THERE who might read this and want to apply? {SMILE} ALL BAND MEMBERS get a "base pay" of $100 PER GIG and "more" when I can get it.

if interested please call or email our BAND MANAGER "Elizabeth" at;

575-415-3350 --or-- 404-317-4276

--or-- EMAIL: [email protected]

We are a SERIOUS "working" Variety-Dance-Band, and Recording Artist. But we have a LOT OF FUN in the process. THANKS FOR READING THIS.

#226398 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:00 pm
Looks like 'AJ' is long gone - he shows as a 'guest' which means his profile has been deleted.

Advice: no one comes to these forums to find band members, so get yoru contact info in your profile. You need to hide yoru email address (like "me AT yahoo DOT com") or the BM mods will delete it and your phone number.
#238766 by chalnikkal
Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:13 am
I just got back from Trashville myself. It's no better there. I've proffessionally performed Southern Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Rock-a-billy, Christian, and Country and even that gay bar crap they peddle as Country these days. No matter the genre or geography it's the same. Get out and make some noise even if ya gotta do it all alone. ???
#238772 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:24 pm
New Country = that gay bar crap. I have a new favorite member! :lol: