This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#226357 by duane487270
Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I say talk about what ever you want. After all this is the general chat part of this forum right? This is a forum where you still have freedom to say what ever you want. We still talk music every now and again! :wink:


Gotta agree with the above 8)

#226362 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 pm
Slacker G wrote:Perhaps it is only a exercise in self control, lynard. You know, learning to skip the threads that you aren't interested in as opposed to stopping other people from expressing their interests. Religion, love, and politics all inspire music to various degrees. After all, if no one participates in a thread it simply fades into oblivion. :)


WOW ain't that the truth. I am amazed at what the FUUCCKK happens when you hit a liberal over the head. The biggest one is oh let's not talk about that, this is supposed to just be about music.

Wait till the EPA bans all exotic guitar wood, and bans the use of tubes in amps because they are not compliant with the new light bulb restrictions.

Sorry to say... A whole bunch of people have their head in the sand and their butts in the air... Just waiting for the next hitler to come along. Just like germany, they will be saved... until they die.

You guys want to complain because we don't just talk music. I notice the loud complainers have no political position that is defensible.

CHICKENSHOOTS!!!!! :P

#226365 by BestGuitarist
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:02 pm
GLENNY J wrote:
Slacker G wrote:Perhaps it is only a exercise in self control, lynard. You know, learning to skip the threads that you aren't interested in as opposed to stopping other people from expressing their interests. Religion, love, and politics all inspire music to various degrees. After all, if no one participates in a thread it simply fades into oblivion. :)


WOW ain't that the truth. I am amazed at what the FUUCCKK happens when you hit a liberal over the head. The biggest one is oh let's not talk about that, this is supposed to just be about music.

Wait till the EPA bans all exotic guitar wood, and bans the use of tubes in amps because they are not compliant with the new light bulb restrictions.

Sorry to say... A whole bunch of people have their head in the sand and their butts in the air... Just waiting for the next hitler to come along. Just like germany, they will be saved... until they die.

You guys want to complain because we don't just talk music. I notice the loud complainers have no political position that is defensible.

CHICKENSHOOTS!!!!! :P
Gleeny, I swear on a stack of bibles, that I would vote for you when you decide to get into politics, it would keep you from complaining here all the time, and in addition save our tropical forests from being harvested as guitar wood , hitting two birds with one stone..

#226371 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:53 pm
Ya know Dane... Almost 30 years ago I promised this girl I wouldn't run for office at any governmental level. We have been married a long time.
Until she releases me from that promise, that will never happen. She knew many years ago I was capable of dragging her into something she didn't want to be involved in. I gave her my word... I can not go back on it.
(what a man won't do to get laid by a pretty girl).

Dane, I have to ask you... Are you just mocking me with gleeny. I feel you missed my whole point about the EPA. The tropical rain forests are being destroyed in search of gold and oil, NOT WOOD FOR GIBSON OR FENDER.

Dane are you just mocking me with that twisted post or have you been drinking too much? Is it just your opinion that I "complain" to much?

This was supposed to just be a positive post. Because of JFK...

#226373 by BestGuitarist
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am
no sir, it was a simple typing mistake, I never proof read my posts.. if I wanted to make fun of you or as you say, mock you, I would have said maybe weeny, but I assure you, it was a typing mistake, do you want me to go correct it by editing the post? no, you don't complain too much, but spinning your wheels here, saying how you could do it better is not getting me and other fellow Americans out of the control of the corporations, which sadly, are your true enemy, and not Obama.. do you realize how much control they have over your life?, and when they bind together as a "coalition" with their political muscle played out through use of their lobbyists we have not a chance to survive, until we quit driving vehicles produced by now only a few builders as opposed to 1890's-1920's when there were dozens of car companies keeping each other in check by the competition , eating your bowl of Wheaties, which again produced by just a few publically traded cereal companies , that charge you 4 bucks for a box of cereal that costs them 60 cents to make.. again, early in the century more competitioon kept everybody making cereals "in check" thru competition nobody could get crazy and charge the prices a box of Lucky Charms fetches today.. shopping at wally world has destryed 10's of thousands of mom and pop retailers, and do you notice now wallyworld prices are generally higher than the competition what little competition remains.. I could go on, but it is not politicians who are your true enemy, it's feeding the corporate beast sucking every dollar out until there are no spare dollars left.. don't you think it's weird that stock market at all time highs and your average Joe has no money?..
"

#226380 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:06 am
Wow... Dane we have a very large separation of ideas. First of all the stock market is at all time highs because the DOLLAR has been devalued so much from QE1 and QE 2 and our federal reserve printing 80 BILLION a month in an attempt to keep interest rates low to stimulate business growth and thus grow the economy. In fact the people have been trying to protect their wealth by putting money into greedy corporations because our banking system can NOT keep up with the devaluation of the "DOLLAR". This is the real reason why the markets are breaching new highs.

As far as corporations you are absolutely right. We should all be screaming about corporate cronyism and government. Yes. we do need government to make sure bad companies aren't dumping toxic waste into our environment, and yes I agree we have to avoid anarchy at all cost. Our founding fathers would have totally agreed... However...

The one thing that all business does is create REAL GOODS and SERVICES. This is where the understanding of wealth creation is important. If some one raises a cow where none existed, by planting a field of food and tending to the needs of this cow... That person just CREATED a form of wealth.

Our government in contrast does not raise any cows they only exist by "TAXING" the farmer. They only exist because the cow raiser does not want anarchy when he brings his cow to market, where he will profit from all his labor. But he believes all the bull about why the government protects him and why he should share(tax) so much.

With your train of thought... I suggest every one stop working for all these evil corporations and just get a government job... The problem is there would be no one left to tax, and support... A government that doesn't know how to grow a cow... only feast on the pork. :lol:

#226381 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 am
OH, Just 5 years ago in the most heavily taxed state in the country...
We were only paying a BUCK THIRTY FIVE FOR gas.

Memories are so short.

#226384 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:54 am
To explain it in a different way... If I hire some one for thirty bucks an hour... With Comp , disability , fica, and a myriad of of other governmental laws and hidden taxes... That one employee costs me more than double what he should be paid.

Now you tell me who is evil... My tiny little evil corporation... Or big government that DEMANDS I comply and pay up if I share work with some one else.

#226452 by MikeTalbot
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:03 am
Glen

I work for a company even more greedy and selfish than yours - the two principles (owners) are Hispanic and black. Yet those Neanderthals refuse to take any of the govt 'ethnic stimulation' help that is so readily available.
Down right treasonous of them! 8)

Talbot

#226502 by Lynard Dylan
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:32 am
I say write whatever you want, but it looks like several regulars from the forum are no longer in attendance.

And Glen shut the fuk up, you continually run your blabber on here about this and that(realyy about nothing) take control of your situation and make it better in your world, the rest of us will have to take care of our worlds.

You know it was put out here by several that religion is a big theme in music, I say not in contemporary music, sure there's hymnals full, but in my sheet music collection of contemporary music you here God's name used as much in vain as in praise, what's up.

#226504 by Lynard Dylan
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am
Yod I can out drink you anyday of the week. Years of practice. :lol:

#226537 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:I say write whatever you want, but it looks like several regulars from the forum are no longer in attendance.

And Glen shut the fuk up, you continually run your blabber on here about this and that(realyy about nothing) take control of your situation and make it better in your world, the rest of us will have to take care of our worlds.

You know it was put out here by several that religion is a big theme in music, I say not in contemporary music, sure there's hymnals full, but in my sheet music collection of contemporary music you here God's name used as much in vain as in praise, what's up.


On one hand you tell everyone to write what they want. In the next paragraph you are busy telling me to STFU.

You are very funny lynard. Oh well have a nice Thanksgiving and remember....

Don't have to much turkey. Thats Wild Turkey of course! :roll:

:lol:

#226541 by BestGuitarist
Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 pm
and please, if you fast do it under a doctor's supervision..

#226900 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:32 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Lynard

Maybe you aren't keeping up - it's politics that's choking the forum. Us 'religious right' types don't come here to proselytize - but neither do we care to deny our faith in Christ.

As to the 'right?' NAZI is an acronym for National Socialist Workers Party. Much of what people call the 'right' in America are simply the right wing of the ruling Socialist party - Demo/Publicans.

Make mine individual freedom please! And a shot of Early Times!

Talbot
Amen!

#226911 by Lynard Dylan
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 am
I hear several on here saying you should be able to say whatever you want to say, yet when I've said things they don't agree with they say you shouldn't say that, were all guilty. what's right?

This forum seems to take extreme stands on issues, you know one side or the other, no middle ground on these threads. While I've always been more into pushing the grey areas.

The forums changed because so many have come and gone, but most notably PaperDog and Jimmy D, what's up with them?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests