This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#225712 by Warren Wright
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 am
Ive sent over a dozen messages to "bands" who were supposedly looking for a drummer and I have received no one single reply ~!! Im cool with hearing "your too old" or "your too ugly" or even "your too fat" - but to get "nothing" tells me something is really wrong with "either this site" or with those people who are posting they need a drummer- yet never acknowledge your message to them~! I dont know if you have can receive messages if you havent paid for a premium account on here or not ....since Ive not received any~!
#225716 by Slacker G
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 am
Warren Wright wrote:Ive sent over a dozen messages to "bands" who were supposedly looking for a drummer and I have received no one single reply ~!! Im cool with hearing "your too old" or "your too ugly" or even "your too fat" - but to get "nothing" tells me something is really wrong with "either this site" or with those people who are posting they need a drummer- yet never acknowledge your message to them~! I dont know if you have can receive messages if you havent paid for a premium account on here or not ....since Ive not received any~!

Yeah. But usually it's in the form of a subliminal f*%k you.

#225724 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:21 pm
Non-premium members will receive an email notice that they have a new message waiting for them at their BM account. Before you send a message, you may want to see the 'last updated' date on the profile - chances are if it is month(s) ago, they may no longer need somone, or they are not checking the email address they registered with.

#225729 by Starfish Scott
Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm
Real Ratio 20:1, messages to real replies..even stupid ones.
#225744 by Firebird78
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm
Warren Wright wrote:Ive sent over a dozen messages to "bands" who were supposedly looking for a drummer and I have received no one single reply ~!! Im cool with hearing "your too old" or "your too ugly" or even "your too fat" - but to get "nothing" tells me something is really wrong with "either this site" or with those people who are posting they need a drummer- yet never acknowledge your message to them~! I dont know if you have can receive messages if you havent paid for a premium account on here or not ....since Ive not received any~!

You can receive messages and reply back if not a premium member but, like GMB said, the people you sent to may be long gone from the site.

#225745 by gbheil
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Real Ratio 20:1, messages to real replies..even stupid ones.

That about sums it up.

Last response I got was someone telling me the could not "help" me ?

No one said I needed your help dim bulb, I was offering you an opportunity to get off your couch. :roll:

#225746 by Starfish Scott
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:58 pm
sanshouheil wrote:No one said I needed your help dim bulb, I was offering you an opportunity to get off your couch. :roll:

LMAO George, you are a good guy and a solid mind.
Too bad we don't have more here that have your attitude and no nonsense approach. There'd be more music and less bickering.

#225749 by gbheil
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:05 pm
Thanks.

#225752 by zar535135
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm
I am not a premium member and have received 2 emails since I joined. One was from a keyboard player in California. Really? im in Ohio. The other was from a local guy looking to see if I wanted to get together and see what develops.

#225759 by Starfish Scott
Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm
Zar, that's the name of the game.

You can ALWAYS find people that are interested, but finding ones in the general area is a daunting, exhaustive search, usually turning up nothing at all you'd want to work with.

I think everyone finds someone cool in CA. (wink)

Too bad none of us are there enough to make it count.

#225823 by gbheil
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm
The search function has filters.

#225827 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:47 pm
frets234 wrote:No Here Is The Truth!!!
I have been a member here for several years with the same no response problems. Band Mix does not ever delete an account no matter how old or inactive it is. I have been looking at the same ads from people for the last 5 years or more nothing has changed. If band mix were to delete old unused accounts then there would be like 3 active people in my area (Ohio Valley), at that point no one would pay the membership fee for only a few people to possibly contact. You can tell they don't even police their own site, hell people just spell out their phone number or e-mail address and communicate for free. I thought this was a good site to find musicians for bands but no its just another money grubbing web site. Perhaps in larger cities there are more active people but I'll bet the are even more old inactive accounts to wade thru, just more of a waste of time than anything else. Sad.

From a person with no examples of his work (MP3s, videos) or 'what he's lookng for' posted ... :roll:

#225829 by Starfish Scott
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm
frets234 wrote:No Here Is The Truth!!!
I have been a member here for several years with the same no response problems. Band Mix does not ever delete an account no matter how old or inactive it is. I have been looking at the same ads from people for the last 5 years or more nothing has changed. If band mix were to delete old unused accounts then there would be like 3 active people in my area (Ohio Valley), at that point no one would pay the membership fee for only a few people to possibly contact. You can tell they don't even police their own site, hell people just spell out their phone number or e-mail address and communicate for free. I thought this was a good site to find musicians for bands but no its just another money grubbing web site. Perhaps in larger cities there are more active people but I'll bet the are even more old inactive accounts to wade thru, just more of a waste of time than anything else. Sad.

Frets, you realize that Zar is from Ohio as well, although I don't know enough about Ohio to figure if he's close to you or not.

(Ohio is a big place)

There are a couple more here as well, even a few that use the forum.
(gasp)

You might be closer than you think to someone who you could work with.

Did you pump your zip code into the search function?

Or even better, start a thread that says "Looking for Musicians in Ohio".
I think you might turn up 3-5 people that actually read and communicate.

(that's not bad for this forum)

#225845 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:16 pm
THE TRUTH!!!!

i've been WAITING for the truth. (no glen, not YOUR wacky version LOL)

i do believe all member profile pages have an active within _____ so that's a pretty easy indication of whether someone is worth following thru with.