This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9181 by Man the Guns
Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:34 pm
Has anyone played a gibson nighthawk. I'm thinking I want one but want so feedback how it is?
#9505 by ingall43
Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:25 pm
I bought a Gibson Nighthawk a couple of years ago on Ebay and it has become one of my favourite guitars (over 100 in the collection.)

For me the Nighthawk combines the best elements of a Les Paul and a Strat and in fact that was the original intent. Bottom line is it looks great and is a very versatile instrument for playing live because of the pickup selection and coil tap switch.

Perhaps the best recommendation of the Nighthawk that I can think of is when I took it to NY to play with 70's rock incons Starz. Their lead guitarist, Richie Ranno, is a died-in-the-wool Strat guy but once he'd had my Nighthawk strapped on for a few minutes he fell in love.

Peace
Reverend Rock

#20581 by Travis Johnson
Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 am
My best friend had a nitehawk years ago. It is the only one i have ever played and i loved it. I have been looking for one ever since. I have yet to find one. If you find a good one buy it.

#22425 by mudmuddy
Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Get one and you'll love it! My brother has one that is in his main line-up; along side a strat, tele, and a Les Paul. Email him and ask him for yourself and I'm sure he will tell you to pick it up ([email protected]). I've played it myself and it's a dream. Smooth playability and a great warm tone. It's an excellent guitar whether you consider the price tag or not; it's worth more than you'll probably pay. I love those kinds of deals.

Get one; you won't be sorry you did.

Randall. :)

#28935 by Lunar1922
Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:48 pm
Get a Nighthawk Custom. Varsatiltiy in sound is great, and the ebony freboard plays wonderfully and smooth. Big sound and it doesn't break your back like a Les Paul.
It's the best of both worlds for Gibson and Fender players. The neck is scaled like a Fender, and there is a push/pull knob on the tone control to toggle between single and double coil.
Gibson only made these for a couple of years, then they started making the Blues Hawk. Not the same imho.
I have 95 Nighthawk Custom with an Amber finish. It's absolutely beautiful, plays and sounds great.
#84976 by fake a smile
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 am
Man the Guns wrote:Has anyone played a gibson nighthawk. I'm thinking I want one but want so feedback how it is?
its the best guitar you can buy

#86164 by Dessalines
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:25 pm
Believe it or not, Gibson has a new model of a Nighthawkout but its not anywhere as capable as the originals form the 90's. I have a three pickup model , its in my current avatar and is one of my favorite guits. A link to the new model at Musician's Friend is below. The new ones are not cheap either. I think that Gibson saw how popular the old models have become and are now trying to cash in with a less capable guitar.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=527781