This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#223851 by lat
Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:01 pm
Just wanted to let everyone know about this station we have started. Check it out and any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated!

About
A grass roots internet music station for Edmonton and area independent, unsigned artists to showcase their original work.
Listen here: http://myradiostream.com/edmontunes
Send songs to [email protected]

Description
Applying the mantra of "Think globally, act locally" to the music scene, the goal of this station is to be a venue for local Edmonton artists to showcase their original material on a global stage. In order to ensure that we have no issues with copyrights or royalties, any covers of other artists work or original material that may have royalty agreements with a third party will not be included...

There is no advertising. We make no money by broadcasting an artist's work.

We are doing this to provide a venue for local artists to showcase their stuff....

We currently have 63 contributing artists with genres of rock, roots, blues, jazz and country. Check out our EDMONTUNES facebook page for which artists we are playing.[img]

#223855 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm
Is this site on some crappy mailing lists for weirdos?

First the surveys, then the rehearsal halls in beautiful downtown nowhere, aka NH and now internet radio stations..

Lol We'll all just flock right on to it. duh

#223856 by lat
Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:49 pm
um, first off, you're in the states, so this doesn't apply to you.

Second, if you are serious about wanting to get your songs out there, maybe it would be a good idea to try and use the services that are being offered, instead of biting the hand that is trying to feed you.

sad.

#223858 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:02 pm
First, you dummy, you are a start-up internet radio station = no one listens to you.

Second we get a plethora of weirdos that want us to take surveys et al when no one is here for this.

We're here to meet other musicians.

And they idea that you would help anyone but yourself is a tall order.
More like accumulate others music and strain it for something you can use.

You won't be making anyone famous, regardless of what you think.

I.e.Q: If you aren't a musician, then why are you here?

A: To spam us to death and to promote your own unknown internet radio station.

TRY CRAIGSLIST !!!!! THIS IS FOR MUSICIANS, NOT FOR YOU!

You are sad and your spin control is laughable, eh?

#223860 by lat
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:25 pm
I'm trying to help out musicians in the Edmonton area in Canada, not New Jersey, so why are you bothering to even read this thread, let alone comment on it?

This is a networking site for musicians. This is the perfect site for letting musicians know about another way they can get their music heard.

I play. I'm not good, which makes me appreciate even more the talent that is out there, but has limited ability to get their music heard, since commercial radio is so hard to break into. I have recently retired and want to give back to the music community where I live.

If you find that hard to believe, that is a sad statement not only about you, but about the world you live in...

EDIT: Since you have nothing relevant to add to this thread, you are on ignore.

bye bye.

#223866 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:38 pm
Saves me the trouble of actually putting thought into your inane responses.

You need a drink with an umbrella in it. lol
#239057 by lat
Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:04 am
There are hundreds of original artists in the Edmonton area. I am continually amazed by the pockets of talent out there that I didn't know existed. After nearly two years of searching for new artists to add, there is no sign of it drying up. If anything, I am getting more submissions than ever!
#239068 by Duran Van Halen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 pm
I moved out of Edmonton just weeks ago. Not that it matters, but I wish I could have found people that correspond to my tastes. But it seems like it's a big extreme metal, indie, rap and stoner sabbath type crowd like anywhere else today, or some 'edgy' style/attitude over substance and melody.

Everyone has a picture of them striking a pose, making a snarling face if you're the singer or a plethora of nasty tattoos and green hair. If you're looking for music fans anywhere on this planet apparently, you're out of luck.
#239071 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:14 pm
come on dude - we were renting rehearsal space in Hollywood back in the day - the band coming in after us were green. Not their hair - their bodies! 8)

Having been in Hollywood a couple years by then we barely noticed.

if you don't go for the pouting, and i don't - seems silly to me, just don't pout! Keep your hair brown and play some good stuff. There is room for everyone!

cheers
Talbot
#239089 by lat
Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:53 pm
Duran Van Halen wrote:I moved out of Edmonton just weeks ago. Not that it matters, but I wish I could have found people that correspond to my tastes. But it seems like it's a big extreme metal, indie, rap and stoner sabbath type crowd like anywhere else today, or some 'edgy' style/attitude over substance and melody.

Everyone has a picture of them striking a pose, making a snarling face if you're the singer or a plethora of nasty tattoos and green hair. If you're looking for music fans anywhere on this planet apparently, you're out of luck.

My experience has been different... There are a lot of musicians on www.edmontunes.com that have substance and melody. Having said that, sometimes it can be difficult to know about them. That's one of the main reasons why I started Edmontunes.
#239446 by Duran Van Halen
Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:10 am
Clicked the site ... song playing is Alterra - In Time.

The guitar melody is reminiscent of Love is on the way by Saigon Kick. The singer is yaarling like it's 1995. Atleast they can do a solo unlike Green Day or Foo Fighters. See, almost everything that isn't totally untalented, is derivative. And for whatever reason people seem to love the Eddie Vedder meets Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish vocals. I stand by the sentiment - originality and freshness is 99% dead. I'm not talking about Edmonton or the site, but throughout the world.