This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#218303 by darrin479939
Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 am
New Beatles Tribute band in the Los Angeles area looking for a Lead Guitarist/ Singer. Must be a big fan of the Beatles & already know many of their songs. Does NOT need vintage guitars! We have 'em & you can use them- If you get the part! If you have your own that's great.

We intend to sound as close to the Beatles recordings as possible. We will not look like them. No wigs, costumes or make up. No egos either! We collaborate on all decisions. Everyone gets paid equally when we gig.

If you are serious & interested, contact us at [email protected].

#218331 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 pm
I was just discussing tribute bands last night with some guys. I think the market has dried up for most of them, at least around here. Beatlejuice (Brad Delp's old band) is still around, pulling in $2000 gigs (guessing) every other month or so - of course there's like 9 people in the band now, including 3 singers to do what Delp did. Always see folks advertising around here for tribute band members, but very few ads for any tribute bands playing anywhere.

#218360 by Deadguitars
Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 pm
Tribute bands are all the rage in PA
Check out the local theater
It gets a great mix of national regional and local acts
Tons of Tribute acts
http://www.st94.com/home/

#218444 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:44 pm
Deadguitars wrote:Tribute bands are all the rage in PA
Check out the local theater
It gets a great mix of national regional and local acts
Tons of Tribute acts
http://www.st94.com/home/

I've heard of the Sellersville Theater before as Todd Rundgren plays there often. I see Journey, Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson and Who tribute bands scheduled there this summer. Must be a Pennsylvania thing! :wink:

#218622 by Cajundaddy
Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 am
I know just the guy. He was born to play George in a Beatles tribute band. Knows all the songs they ever did, has a Strat, Les Paul, Rikki, 12 strings, Hoffner bass, even plays some keys:

Larry Salas, Riverside CA