This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#217883 by gtZip
Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:30 pm
Assassination
Attack
Domestic security
Drill
Exercise
Cops
Law enforcement
Authorities
Disaster assistance
Disaster management
DNDO (Domestic Nuclear Detection Office)
National preparedness
Mitigation
Prevention
Response
Recovery
Dirty Bomb
Domestic nuclear detection
Emergency management
Emergency response
First responder
Homeland security
Maritime domain awareness (MDA)
National preparedness initiative
Militia
Shooting
Shots fired
Evacuation
Deaths
Hostage
Explosion (explosive)
Police
Disaster medical assistance team (DMAT)
Organized crime
Gangs
National security
State of emergency
Security
Breach
Threat
Standoff
SWAT
Screening
Lockdown
Bomb (squad or threat)
Crash
Looting
Riot
Emergency Landing
Pipe bomb
Incident

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate—we cannot consecrate—we cannot hallow—this ground.
The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract.
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.
It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.
It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom— and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

#217995 by fisherman bob
Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:14 am
If you're a conservative it's NOT okay for Obama to spy on you. If you are a liberlal God forbid George W spied on you. What's with the double standard, the political game. ONE terror attack since 911 of consequence. We have been relatively safe. I've got nothing to hide. Let'm spy on me all they want. In WWII this country had a completely different attitude and we won the war in about four years. WHY have we become so damn wimpy? Let's find them and kill them. Sure, there may be a casualty along the way, that's WAR. What part of "they want to kill you" don't people understand? Any country giving Snowden assylum should be immediately removed from ANY diplomatic contact AND a no trade policy enforced with that country until they cough up the treasonous bastard. Wimps are us. We deserve to get hit again. You KILL the enemy, find them and KILL them until they don't exist or unconditionally surrender. That's war. Boo hoo.

#218000 by VinnyViolin
Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:50 am
fisherman bob wrote:If you're a conservative it's NOT okay for Obama to spy on you. If you are a liberlal God forbid George W spied on you. What's with the double standard, the political game. ONE terror attack since 911 of consequence. We have been relatively safe. I've got nothing to hide. Let'm spy on me all they want. In WWII this country had a completely different attitude and we won the war in about four years. WHY have we become so damn wimpy? Let's find them and kill them. Sure, there may be a casualty along the way, that's WAR. What part of "they want to kill you" don't people understand? Any country giving Snowden assylum should be immediately removed from ANY diplomatic contact AND a no trade policy enforced with that country until they cough up the treasonous bastard. Wimps are us. We deserve to get hit again. You KILL the enemy, find them and KILL them until they don't exist or unconditionally surrender. That's war. Boo hoo.

Benjamin Franklin wrote:They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

... it is such a confusing and scary world for fisherman bob ... that he just wants to kill kill kill to make his problems go away. :roll:

#218005 by Slacker G
Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:44 pm
Bob,

INFORMATION ALERT!! THERE IS NO DOUBLE STANDARD.

We just found out the degree that this regime has taken against our privacy. In case you haven't figured it out:

We hated it that Bush was spying on us and reviewing our personal conversations and emails and everything else.

We hate it that these jerks are spying on us and reviewing our personal conversations and emails and everything else.

If you can't see the forest for the trees, the outcry is about the depth of this invasion of privacy no matter who is doing it.

#218006 by gbheil
Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:53 pm
I will gladly risk death from my enemy vs being lied to and spied on by my own country.

You might be a victim of a terrorist attack, or you will have your own country, spy, and telling you lies. Then using your information against you.

Might vs will ??

No question.

#218049 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm
George

Precisely. I'm not afraid of terrorists. I am afraid of unaccountable, dictatorial government.

Talbot

#218087 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 pm
Oh my God... It's the big one. :lol:

GT ??? are you suddenly protecting your rights under the government set up by a bunch of old fogies?
Just checkin'

#218103 by gtZip
Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:33 am
GLENNY J wrote:Oh my God... It's the big one. :lol:

GT ??? are you suddenly protecting your rights under the government set up by a bunch of old fogies?
Just checkin'

Yessir

#218139 by RandyGuitar
Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 pm
I believe I will avoid this one like the plague :lol:

#218141 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:45 pm
fisherman bob wrote:If you're a conservative it's NOT okay for Obama to spy on you. If you are a liberlal God forbid George W spied on you. What's with the double standard, the political game. ONE terror attack since 911 of consequence. We have been relatively safe. I've got nothing to hide. Let'm spy on me all they want. In WWII this country had a completely different attitude and we won the war in about four years. WHY have we become so damn wimpy? Let's find them and kill them. Sure, there may be a casualty along the way, that's WAR. What part of "they want to kill you" don't people understand? Any country giving Snowden assylum should be immediately removed from ANY diplomatic contact AND a no trade policy enforced with that country until they cough up the treasonous bastard. Wimps are us. We deserve to get hit again. You KILL the enemy, find them and KILL them until they don't exist or unconditionally surrender. That's war. Boo hoo.

What part of the enemy within do you not understand?

#218153 by SeanL
Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 am
Actually, this is nothing new. you can read two books written over 15 years ago, one was called "The Puzzle Palace" and was arguably the first book written about the NSA , which up to that time was referred to as "No Such Agency". The other one is Privacy for Sale.

Both books state the degree of "domestic spying" Both books make mention that EVERY SINGLE MAJOR Telecom even way back then had built in back doors both in software as well as hardware. Hell, a Dutch article that came out over 6 years ago NAMED the two files in Windows that were put there as backdoors, I forget the name of one file but the other one actually had the prefix of NSA. I forget if the exts were .dlls or not.

So basically anything that Snowdon has come out and said is in fact very old news. He is not a traitor, he is a whistle blower in the sense that SUPPOSEDLY it is against the BOR to have blanket surveillance of US citizens by the US government.

#218164 by Slacker G
Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm
So basically anything that Snowdon has come out and said is in fact very old news. He is not a traitor, he is a whistle blower in the sense that SUPPOSEDLY it is against the BOR to have blanket surveillance of US citizens by the US government.

I took the liberty of correcting your post on a couple of points.

So basically anything that Snowdon has come out and said is in fact very old news. He is not a traitor, he is a whistle blower in the sense that SUPPOSEDLY it is against the BOR to have blanket surveillance of US subjects by the imperial government.

#218383 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 pm
The mayor of NYC, has a stop and frisk law in place. The authority has the right to stop you with out "PROBABLE CAUSE" "DETAIN YOU" "SEARCH YOU" and even arrest you without any reason. ALL WITH OUT A SEARCH WARRANT.

"It is to protect the citizens against persons with evil intent."

IT IS TOTALLY IN VIOLATION OF THE 4th AMENDMENT.

Just a thought for all you sheep...

BBAAAAAHHHHH! :lol:

#218388 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 am
Why don't you get off that 'sheep' bullshit? How many 'sheep' do you know that traveled to Africa on their own dime to fight for a cause that was most certainly politically incorrect? Ain't no 'sheep' in the African Rifles!

Talbot