This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#218093 by TheLyricalChallenge
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 am
The Lyrical Challenge is in that stage again - we need musicians! Last challenge, the Bandmix forum's very own Mike Birch, entered the contest and finished in a close second place. This time around we have a new set of lyrics that we want to see any musician who wants to participate try and tackle them. The rules are simple - you must take the set of lyrics exactly as they are and turn them into a song (you may change some of the lyrics under the permission of The Lyrical Challenge Team). Do you think you have what it takes to compose the best song out of these winning lyrics? Show us what you got and check out the lyrics here: http://www.thelyricalchallenge.com/the-winner.html

#218116 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm
I participated in the last LC - and after the fact got the organizers to find a better way for voting (it had been a Facebook ap), which they did.

I didn't vote for any lyrics out of the latest batch. Why? None of them struck me as good at all. This one linked, the current 'winner', is so unrhythmical, that I commend anyone making a decent song from it (maybe a jazz or ambient-rock version would work, not my genres).

#218138 by RandyGuitar
Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote: This one linked, the current 'winner', is so unrhythmical, that I commend anyone making a decent song from it

HAHAHA
I was thinking the same thing but now you have thrown the gauntlet LOL
I am in the middle of a stressful move but I will attempt to find time to country that thing up.
Are we allowed to change any words at all?
#218148 by Firebird78
Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 am
I have to agree with you guys, but I hate to trash the person too much for trying to bring a challenge to this site. I can’t find much of a rhythm comparing the two verses, looking at meter, etc. The rhyme scheme of the verses also doesn’t seem to be very consistent. Since I am more of a lyric dude, maybe I will have to submit something to that site and see what happens.

#218149 by TheLyricalChallenge
Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:41 am
Mike - Yeah this round was bad. But it is a growing site and will eventually get better with time. We are just over 6 months on the market and still need time to grow a better more music professional fan base.

Randy - The words can change but before you do make any changes it needs to be okay'd by us at The Lyrical Challenge. Let us know any lines you will be changing and as long as its not too drastic we would let it go through.

#218160 by Hayden King
Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 am

#218162 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:53 pm
Randy - I was allowed to do some very minor changes in the last contest, good luck with this one!
Firebird - get on The Lyrical Challenge mailing list so you will know when the next one starts for your entry.

#218166 by Slacker G
Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 pm
Comedy and tragedy are separated by a thin line, so it is said.

Lyrical Challenge and Lyrically Challenged may also be close?

#218219 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:17 pm
lol This is comedy and tragedy in one..