This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#217475 by DainNobody
Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm
would muriatic acid work? LOL. it does a great job cleaning grease off concrete driveways.. seems it would eat the grease off strings too?.. Berkeley=acid?

#217572 by jimmydanger
Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:52 pm
Me doing a promo for pickguy.com.

#217574 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:58 pm
you're hired!

damn, that's a nice looking gtr......and congrats on the new SG. hope you two are very happy together.

#217628 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm
Don't know if I ever broke a Martin String. Don't care. They have that tone and separation that can be found in Boston's "Don't look Back" That are very pitch controlled with the Solo/Rhythm/Lead switch to have a delectible range in each to get that almost brass horn sound you can't get with Ernie's Balls.

#217629 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 pm
As for Picks- Green is an absolute-no no. I have green carpet.

#217703 by Slacker G
Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:17 pm
I didn't go to string college. I just pull on them from the center once they are up to pitch, and then fine tune. After that they always stay in tune in my experience.

But from now on I'll do that in secret lest my ignorance and bad habit influences a younger guitar picker in the wrong way. :)

#217714 by gtZip
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:33 pm
Slacker G wrote:I didn't go to string college. I just pull on them from the center once they are up to pitch, and then fine tune. After that they always stay in tune in my experience.

But from now on I'll do that in secret lest my ignorance and bad habit influences a younger guitar picker in the wrong way. :)

You obviously haven't played much high energy music, or any sessions that require everything to be "right".

#217740 by ted_lord
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:13 pm
good to know I've been approximating this with my own intuition, now to do it right the next time I get strings thrown on

#217778 by Slacker G
Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:08 pm
gtZip wrote:
Slacker G wrote:I didn't go to string college. I just pull on them from the center once they are up to pitch, and then fine tune. After that they always stay in tune in my experience.

You obviously haven't played much high energy music, or any sessions that require everything to be "right".

Does it really bother you that much that what I do works for me? You are ignorant of what I have played. Neither do you know how hard I am on my strings. You only know of what I have posted. I am sure that before youtube lessons on string stretching all musicians before that great revelation played out of tune, according to your brilliant evaluation, right? But I guess your assessment easy enough to validate simply by listening to all of our older music collections. :)

#217790 by gtZip
Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:15 pm
Slacker G wrote:
gtZip wrote:

Does it really bother you that much that what I do works for me? You are ignorant of what I have played. Neither do you know how hard I am on my strings. You only know of what I have posted. I am sure that before youtube lessons on string stretching all musicians before that great revelation played out of tune, according to your brilliant evaluation, right? But I guess your assessment easy enough to validate simply by listening to all of our older music collections. :)

You know you don't have to respond to 'everything', right?

YouTube?
Berkeley method, as in Berkeley school of music.

#217835 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm
I have to say that regardless of what I do to the strings, I'd be lost without my "SNARK ALL INSTRUMENT TUNER" (clip on chromatic). (The maroon/red one)

It's amazing..you need one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHymP0qDwus

#217847 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:45 pm
Scott

I just got a 'snark' and I love I t.

Talbot