This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

should we do more to be like rolling stones?

50%
50%
#217666 by L33 DR4P3R
Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm
The Stones encapsulate sex and drugs and rock and roll, alongside life longevity and healthy living of green tea and sandwiches after gigs these days, but they do rule rock and roll. Where are the new bands? whos next to be worshipped as rock legends? truth is apart from a very small handful we are screwed, lets do something about this and encourage the youngsters to get rocking out? :P :P[b][/b]
#217704 by Slacker G
Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:20 pm
L33 DR4P3R wrote:The Stones encapsulate sex and drugs and rock and roll, alongside life longevity and healthy living of green tea and sandwiches after gigs these days, but they do rule rock and roll. Where are the new bands? whos next to be worshipped as rock legends? truth is apart from a very small handful we are screwed, lets do something about this and encourage the youngsters to get rocking out? :P :P[b][/b]

They're all on BandMix. . :)

#217707 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm
Sorry fellows. We may better the Stones ultimately, write better songs, play better - whatever.

But in the Encyclopedia next to 'cool' is a picture of Keith Richards.

As a band - they were / are sort of the meme for rock and roll bands and helped define the sixties and seventies. They were / are more than a band - they are cultural icons.

My good hearted Mother had a neighborhood artist do a portrait of Mick for me for Christmas when I was 18. I pretended to be very pleased (of course) but I thought to myself - the f**k' singer? Big deal. Where is Keith?! :wink:

Talbot

#217716 by RandyGuitar
Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Sorry fellows. We may better the Stones ultimately, write better songs, play better - whatever.

But in the Encyclopedia next to 'cool' is a picture of Keith Richards.

Talbot

Pretty much yep

#217737 by jw123
Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:55 pm
I dont think the enviroment exists today, for another Rolling Stones, Zep, or Beatles to ever happen again.

I watched a documentary recently about the Stones 72 tour and man they were just the epitome of what a rock star is or was. In this day and age of cell phone cameras and such, it wont happen, cause everyone comes across looking like a dumbass.

#217741 by Jahva
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:31 pm
The Stones were also a reflection of the time and where they came from. So many of the Brits during that time period seem to have very similar stories... how they grew up after WWII, hearing the American Blues players for the first time and how it affected them.
Lightning in a bottle. Don't see it ever happening again.
Glad it happened once though.
8)

#217802 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am
Jahva

Post war UK was not so far from the cotton fields. Times were much tougher in England than most of us realize. Rationing went on for years after the war. The place was a wreck.

I suppose that is why the blues resonated so much with them.

But on the other hand - when I was 14 I was grabbing all the Leadbelly records I could find and I still lived comfortably at home!

Talbot