This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19531 by blair_rock
Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 pm
Christian Open Mic the first Saturday of every month in Mableto Ga at the Family Life Restoration Center.
We just had our first one and it was great. We had about 60 people show up. Hope you can make the next one. Contact me to find out more information. 4047757428 We had a 1 hour concert by Qwest a Christian rap group then 3 hours of open mic. Had every type of Christian music there. I hope to here from you.
Blair

#19541 by jimmydanger
Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:19 am
No offense Blair, but what if an atheist shows up?

#19546 by blair_rock
Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:09 am
Love Asseptance and forgiveness.
I can't judge anyone since I'd rather not have you judge me. As long as what you do here is OK to do in front of kids it's OK. Not all the songs we do are Christian.
Blair

#19547 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:10 am
blair_rock wrote:Love Asseptance and forgiveness.
I can't judge anyone since I'd rather not have you judge me. As long as what you do here is OK to do in front of kids it's OK. Not all the songs we do are Christian.
Blair

Good response, man. :D I respect that.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#19558 by Irminsul
Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 am
jimmydanger wrote:No offense Blair, but what if an atheist shows up?

Oh jimmy you could have a TON of fun with that! Just think, you could sing your own version of hymns like:

We Thank Thee, Oh Nonexistence Sky Entity, for a Prophet (from the Mormon Hymnal)

Nearer, My Nonexistent Sky Entity, To Thee (standard Protestant hymnal)

Imaginary Wind God Save Scotland

I'm Not Sure That My Redeemer Liveth

Onward Dyonisian Sacrificial God's Soldiers

Oh, the list just goes on....

Disclaimer: The above posting was delivered in the sense of humor and good fun, and not in the spirit of hate or denigration toward any single religion. Please refrain from launching into a Crusade or Jihad against the posts author, that sinning son of a bitch heathen Irminsul.

#19561 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am
Irminsul wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:*********************************

Disclaimer: The above posting was delivered in the sense of humor and good fun, and not in the spirit of hate or denigration toward any single religion. Please refrain from launching into a Crusade or Jihad against the posts author, that sinning son of a bitch heathen Irminsul.

Lmao! I get the feeling you crack one more joke and if I state one more opinion on this matter we are both going to need a bomb shelter.

#19565 by Irminsul
Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:53 am
Guitaranatomy wrote:
Irminsul wrote:Lmao! I get the feeling you crack one more joke and if I state one more opinion on this matter we are both going to need a bomb shelter.

Story of my life, Bro. I was stirring sh*t back when sh*t was still green.

How's yer week going?

#19569 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:41 am
Irminsul wrote:Story of my life, Bro. I was stirring sh*t back when sh*t was still green.

How's yer week going?

My week, tons of work, crazy dogs, choppy guitar playing, and no sleep. Other than that my life is fine. :D

*Shakes head*

#21359 by sliding-in-E
Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:52 pm
To bad I don't live in your area. One day I will get up the courage to perform in front of an audience. Right now I'm scared to death. I have only been playing a short time.

Eddie

#21412 by HowlinJ
Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 pm
Ed,
Any ol' boy (or Bonnie Raitt, for that matter) that's sliding the blues makes my ears perk up.

KEEP ON JAMMIN! (Try not to breath in too much of that cement dust down there in Merry Ol' Bath!)

John

#21414 by sliding-in-E
Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 pm
Thank you Howlin

#21417 by HowlinJ
Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:03 pm
Mornin' Ed,
Looks like all the "actively playin" folks are "sleepin' in" so it's just you and me. Anyways... My lady's soon getting up so I better get my assout and do some work! (No rest for us "heathens", even on Sabbath morn!)
Have a nice day! :D
John

#21553 by blair_rock
Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:29 pm
Hey Sliding Ed,
Don't be scared. Nothin to it.
I'm a lefty playing righty and I never played a complete song, never played and sang at the same time, never used a pick or played standing up untill I started doing praise and worship for a jail ministry 3 or 4 years ago. Not sure which. My memory isn't good with time. To much recreational abuse in my past I guess. Then I started a small group for Christian song writers. After a couple of months we started doing Open Mic nights. The song writers group is His Song and we are working on a colaboration CD with diferent styles of music, spoken word, and poetry.
Have 14 people and will have 15 peices on the first CD. Rap, contempoary, country, southern gospal, excetera. We're young, old, black, white ect... every one has 2 or 3 peices they want to do so we'll probably do 3 CD's back to back. Calling our selves
UNIFIED tboc. tboc stands for The Body Of Christ. Not a band everyones peice is their's.
Your musical ability is a gift from God so use it. Start something in your area.
Blair

#21559 by sliding-in-E
Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 pm
Sounds like your having a great time.
Thanks for your response

Sliding Ed